Goodbye shin splints....hello plantar fasciitis?

I used to have very flat feet

I used to have very flat feet too, but I don't think there is anything medically or physically wrong with having flat feet. Some of us have high arches, some have low arches; some of us pronate, some of us supinate. I believe God knew exactly what He was doing when He created us. How could He have created a perfect functioning being but got the feet wrong? I don't believe He did. There is a reason why we are built the way we are. Perhaps it has to do with the connective mechanisms of our bodies, the feet, the ankles, the legs, the hips, the spine. Our feet are designed the way they are to best work with our specific biomechanics. Being flat-footed never caused me any problems. I can't stand when podiatrists and shoe sales clerks tell us that we need this type of shoe or that orthotic to "correct" some flaw they think we have, some flaw that is not a flaw at all but very natural.

With that said, I am no longer flat-footed, since I have developed nice arches from running barefoot (and since my recent health problems) and my feet and arches are becoming stronger again, and I no longer pronate as much as I used to (although I still do some). But again, I've never had problems with my biomechanics, even while wearing shoes. (I did suffer nerve damage from wearing shoes, but that's another story.) In fact, the only time I had pain with my "biomechanics" in my knees was when a podiatrist recommended he make me custom orthotics to correct my over-pronation with the thinking that would help lift my metatarsal bones off the nerves that were being compressed, but all it did was cause some serious knee pain each time I ran in them that would force me to ice after each of my runs. Once I stopped wearing the orthotics, my knee pain went away. Tah-dah!

Amen to everything Barefoot

Amen to everything Barefoot TJ said!

By the way, Usain Bolt is "flat-footed" and "over-pronates" but it turns out he's the fastest man in the world...

And cheers to that too!

And cheers to that too!

After a run today in the

After a run today in the Vibrams, my calfs are super killing!!! I though i would lay off untill the DOMS of the first 1 mile run i did in them would subside (3 days ago i did the run) but worst of all....I have pain in my posterior shin splint area again :-( what annoys me is that its just my right ankle area, plus my right calf had more DOMS pain than the left....

Now do i keep going with the running an hope to build up strength in my legs from running in the vibrams or rest for another 4 weeks....totally gutted its come back :-(