Good for the Soles Grand Opening + IBRD = Northampton IBRD event????

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Goodforthesoles, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Goodforthesoles

Goodforthesoles Barefooters
    1. Massachusetts
    2. Connecticut
    3. Vermont

Hello Fellow Barefooters -

I'm trying to survey interest for a Western Massachusetts IBRD event in hopes of putting something together in tandem with the grand opening of our new natural running store and training center. If there is enough interest, I'll figure out a schedule - I was thinking sometime around 8:00 AM or earlier, before the Grand Opening.

Our store is located on Strong Avenue in Northampton, directly on the Northampton Bike Path. I think the bike path would be a perfect location for the event because then we wouldn't have to worry about roads and cars and all that. You should know, however, that the asphalt, in an effort to be eco-friendly, was made with recycled glass. It's not sticking out of the tar or anything like that, but I'm not sure I'd go completely barefoot on it.

Our website is www.goodforthesoles.com, if you're interested in finding out more about us. For now we're a "brick and mortar" store, specializing only in minimalist footwear and training, but we hope to open an online store as well. Our website is under construction - it will look much better once our developers get rid of that mess that I put together! ;-)

You can also view our facebook page at www.facebook.com/good4thesoles.

Hope we can garner some interest and put on an event!!

Jill Murphy

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Welcome, Jill!  Hopefully one

Welcome, Jill! Hopefully one of our MA barefoot runners could survey the course first to let the others know what to expect. Just an idea. Any guinea pigs, er uh, takers?

3. Striped Toad

Striped Toad Barefooters
    1. Massachusetts
    2. Connecticut

Nice! Id love to check it

Nice! Id love to check it out! Ive ran some of the trail (from the bridge to the Hadley Mall), ive done it barefoot, i was skeptical about the glass myself, but to me, overall it was like running on a road that was a little coarse, not unbearable. Ill be running th 7 Sisters Trail race (more than likely in my KSOs) May 1st, 9am with one of my buddys (him in inov-8). Too bad something couldnt be arranged with that race as well. Would like to get some shirt advertising IBRD