Goldie's Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by trevize1138, Apr 6, 2018.

1. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

Anybody else gonna be there Sunday? Was hoping to do this one unshod but 15F at the starting line means I'll be wearing my Luna Tabu booties and Xero huaraches. I'll have to see how I'm feeling as I get going. Maybe I'll kick off the footwear for the last 5 miles. Or I'll just keep them on because frostbite isn't anything to mess with ...

Tyler J L and Barefoot TJ like this.
  2. Tedlet

Tedlet
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

That sounds chilly! Good luck...:coldfeet:

trevize1138 likes this.
  3. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

Cold run but good! Did the 10 miles in just over 1:26 which is about where I'd hoped to be. I had taken the last week off of running due to pulling a calf muscle (TMTS early in the year bit me). Had that not happened I would have maybe been happier with a 1:20 finish but keeping up the pace I did for that distance was a personal first so nothing to complain about.

I ran the first 5 miles with two other people in minimalist shoes: one guy in Vibrobarefoot and the other in Vapor Gloves. Both were named Andy. Good couple of guys but both a tad younger than me and they pulled away for the last 5 miles. My week off, I think, started to show in the last few miles as my pace slackened. Lots of good hill climbs the last three miles, too, and I could feel cramps trying to fire off climbing those so I backed off intentionally. No use starting out the season that way.

Looking forward to getting back to regular training and upping my weekly mileage. Thinking about signing up for the Lake Minnetonka Half on May 6th. If I can keep the same pace I did for this 10 mile for 3 more miles that's a 1:50 half which would be pretty great for me.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. dutchie53

dutchie53
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

Sounds like a great run, congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Tyler J L

Tyler J L
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Iowa

Did you take pics? They'd be perfect for my challenge!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    trevize1138 likes this.
  6. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

Sorry, I didn't! I'll try to be more vigilant about taking pics especially as the weather gets warmer (maybe? that forecast ... )

Tyler J L likes this.