Goals for 2010

Have surgery on my feet for

Have surgery on my feet for Morton's Neuroma.

my goal is to run a sub 5

my goal is to run a sub 5 barefoot! or run trails barefoot hmm just dont have the nards to do that yet

I have these pesky little

I have these pesky little plans in May that are delaying me, then the Peachtree Road Race in July...can't miss that one, so I am thinking August now. Thanks!

TJ - didn't know you were

TJ - didn't know you were getting ready for surgery too!

I have surgery Wednesday on my right foot to get rid of the bone spur behind my heel. Then some recovery time, then the other foot. So, no real goals for 2010 other than recovery and then a careful return to barefoot running. At some point, when I feel my body is ready again, I'll start training for my first marathon! Probably will be 2011 though...Other goals will be to continue to promote barefoot running, hold as many running clinics as I can, meet the folks up in Boulder, CO, etc.

Good Luck Victor with the

Good Luck Victor with the heels!

TJ - I wasn't able to get into Peachtree this year, I might still go as a bandit...it is legal in the last wave.

My goal for the year was to run my first marathon barefoot which I sorta did but it was too cold to do it barefoot so I ran in moccasins...so thats done but if I can find a good warm weather marathon later this year I might go for it again.

I have several other half - azz BS goals...run a 5 min mile, do my first 50k ultra, do a trail half marathon race barefoot.

I also have 3 or 4 short triathlons planned with my goal to place in my age group in those...barefoot on the run, I have a shot in those, i won my AG twice last year.

My best goal though is stay injury free and have as much running fun as possible...that over rides all of the above really.

I don't really have any

I don't really have any goals, just want to run barefoot. I guess I could say that I'd like to do at LEAST one of my scheduled half marathons barefoot this summer.

TJ and Victor, best wishes to you both with your upcoming surgeries. Hopefully they dont' set you back too much.

Moke, I think a moccasin marathon should definitely count for something in regards to barefooting it!

A marathon, two 50K ultras, a

A marathon, two 50K ultras, a half marathons, one road 30K, and two trail 30Ks. I'll do as many of them barefoot as possible, otherwise in my huaraches of KSOs.

Alan

I hit some pretty significant

I hit some pretty significant goals in 2009, with a mountainous 100 mile trail run in Vibrams and my first barefoot marathon the following weekend. In 2010 I want to start seeing how I can narrow the gap between my barefoot and minimalist running. I don't think it's possible to do everything barefoot that I do in Vibrams, but I've explored further with my Vibrams than without.

So far 2010 is off to a good start on that front with my barefoot ultramarathon, a road 50K. I was hoping to do much of my recent 100+ mile run barefoot but conditions didn't allow it. And so I keep an eye out for barefoot friendly opportunities to run great distances.

This year's race calendar is pretty much set at this point, and so dedicated races to run further barefoot may have to wait until 2011. I've got a couple marathons to look forward to, and plan on doing a 50 miler that might be good to go barefoot. We'll see.

Thanks, Zumba!Zeke, you

Thanks, Zumba!

Zeke, you never fail to amaze me.

Dang, Mokie! That bites, but not to worry. You can bandit along side my corral. Once traffic opens after the start, merge over. Not a big deal. No one will mess with you. If they do, well, you're a helluva lot faster than they are, and I'm sure they won't be able to catch you.

Mokie, how about some of these for your goals?
  • April 17 - Chickamauga Chase 15K, Chickamauga Battlefield, GAApril 17 - Granite Grinder Half Marathon, Conyers, GAApril 24 - Country Music Marathon, Nashville, TN May 15 - Twisted Ankle Marathon, Summerville, GAMay 15 - DARKSIDE 8 HOUR RUN, Peachtree City, GA - I plan to run the 8-Hour Ultra. Actually, I will just run as far as the neuromas will allow me in the eight hour period. What's nice is they will have junk food on tables all over the place and cotts to rest on, so you can regroup. I'm in this ultra club, so it's right in my area, nice and convenient.May 31 -DARKSIDE MEMORIAL DAY MARATHON, Peachtree City, GA - This one is also in my area, so I may consider it. Just waiting to see how the MN treats me.

TJ - I'm signed up for the

TJ - I'm signed up for the Twisted Ankle half mary already and may do the Granite Grinder too since its close by. The Twisted Ankle full marathon has 6 miles of gravel roads so I went for the half with no gravel, maybe barefoot.

The Darkside marathon looks interesting, its a very small race less than 30 runners maybe and its free.

Mokie, I think it's only free

Mokie, I think it's only free to members. Did it say free to the public?

My goal is to work my way up

My goal is to work my way up to at least a barefoot 10K this year. I'm going to try a barefoot 5K in May with a possible 4.4 miles barefoot (if not barefoot, with my VFFs) on Memorial Day.

-- Sherri

Good luck, Sherri!  I'm sure

Good luck, Sherri! I'm sure you can do it!

I've already met one goal

I've already met one goal early, Full Marathon (in VFFs), I have an XTERRA trail 21K in June, a smattering of 5-10K races I'm considering in the next couple of months, but my big goal for the year is to run over 1,000. I'm also considering another marathon in the fall, hoping to run sub-4:30 since my first full was 4:54.

No really specific barefoot goals. Might run the trail race BF, but it includes climbing over some jetty rocks and if that includes barnacles or something sharp stuck to them, I'll have to wear VFFs or Huaraches. I have a favorite trail I'm dying to get to, but it is 1/2 hour drive and a 5 mile loop so I won't get out there until my husband is back to be with our daughter while I'm out there. She is old enough to leave while I run in the neighborhood, but on the far side of the trail I'm an hour away. The trail run includes some stretches of path that are covered in broken oyster shells and I have heard they re-graveled a few stretches so it is very challenging.

I'm training for my first

I'm training for my first Ultra in October, a 50 miler in Vibram FiveFingers. Just hoping to complete it this time round. Next spring I would like to run our local half marathon barefoot, so I toss in occasional barefoot training runs to prepare for my barefoot goal and to work on my running form in general.