Give me 39.3..... I have issues people are telling me, read on!

otoole4info

Barefooters
Feb 3, 2013
Waverly, NY
So I signed up for this last February, the Cape Cod 1/2 and full marathon. It's called the Clam Chowdah Challenge. Am I ready?

Guess I don't have much of a choice, I'm running (this may include walking, trudging, MF'ing myself, crawling, rolling on down hills, leaving a blood trail, etc.) both regardless.

clamchowdah.jpg

I've been a little stagnant on my mileage reporting the past few weeks. I fell off the program so to speak. Kids brought a nice virus home from school and graciously passed the crud onto mom and dad, Yay!

I plan on running the extra .7 miles to make it an even 40 after or before the half. My goal is to do this run completely barefoot regardless of conditions. Although I will be carrying a pair of Luna Sandals with me in the rare event I slice my foot open from toe to heal or something. I do plan on taping my big toes as I know when I get tired, I stub the big toes.

I'm getting psyc'd up for these runs and am shooting to finish before the cut off times 3 hours for the 1/2 and 6 for the full.

I'm looking for a little feedback here in the next 36 hours or so before the start of the 1/2. I figure 40 miles, so 40 reasons to run. Give me some, I'll start and my add more. Number your reason accordingly, if we hit 40...... Well give me 40 more.

1. My 4 kids (10 miles for each one)
2. For ALD (Adrenoleukodystrophy) in recognition of my ALD boys Dylan and Patrick (my youngest and oldest)

Keep it rolling throw me some reasons. These can be in honor of a cause you support, anything at all, even in honor of yourself for simply being a member of BRS.:)

Running in honor of your kids is good enough.

3. Because TJ can't. :(

39.3 ... the average life expectancy of a Neanderthal. If they could run barefoot with woolly mammoths and saber-tooth tigers, you can run 39.3 with shoddies. (I know ... shoddies are a LOT noisier)

Congrats on the PR! Good luck in the full on Sunday.

Reactions: otoole4info
15. because you can
16. to not get a bloody toe.
17. obamacare
18. i'm hungry
19. you're hungry
20. kids are hungry
21. beer
22. wife
23. beer
24. girls in tight
25. guys in tights(if you swing that way)
26. swinging
27. food
28. running is awesome
29. sitting at home sucks
30. housework is the alternative
31. to freak people out
32. to impress people
33. because i made a kick ass list
34 breakfast
35 lunch
36 dinner
37 beer
38 to prove you can
39 driving it would be too easy
40 shoes are for clowns

!!!! i'm done. have fun.

15. because you can
16. to not get a bloody toe.
17. obamacare
18. i'm hungry
19. you're hungry
20. kids are hungry
21. beer
22. wife
23. beer
24. girls in tight
25. guys in tights(if you swing that way)
26. swinging
27. food
28. running is awesome
29. sitting at home sucks
30. housework is the alternative
31. to freak people out
32. to impress people
33. because i made a kick ass list
34 breakfast
35 lunch
36 dinner
37 beer
38 to prove you can
39 driving it would be too easy
40 shoes are for clowns

!!!! i'm done. have fun.

All the reasons to run are awesome except for 25..... I don't swing that way. Thanks for finishing out the reasons :)

Reactions: migangelo
Let me have a link to your blog (here) when you're finished with it, and I will get it on the home page too! Congrats!

Reactions: otoole4info