GA/Duluth - Duluth Fall Festival 5K

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Date: Sun 09/25/11 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
    Link: Duluth Fall Festival 5K

The 5K Road Race is a social tradition for serious and casual runners alike. The race begins Sunday morning at the Duluth Festival Center and winds through historic downtown Duluth.

Download an application here: http://www.duluthfallfestival.com/docs/110925DULUTHFALLFESTIVAL5K.pdf

ENTRY FEE: $20 pre-registration; (if received by 9/16, 2011). $25 (if received after 9/16/2011)

FAMILY RATE: $70- Family of 4 (applies to pre-registration only) ($15 each additional family member)

AWARDS: Presented to the overall male and female, overall male and female master and the top three finishers in the

following age groups, 10&under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over

SHIRTS: Colorful long-sleeved shirts to all registered runners

AFTER THE RACE: Plenty of refreshments will be provided and lots more fun! Stay all day and play at the Duluth Fall Festival!

QUESTIONS:Pacesetter's P.R. at (678) 795-0115 or pacesetr@bellsouth.net or visit www.duluthfallfestival.org

According to Gerry, "Last year we had about 5 barefooters run it. It would be cool to

increase that number."

If you would like to attend this event, and meetup with other barefoot runners who will be running it as well, please RSVP to BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org.

2. strangepod

strangepod Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Of course, put it on a weekend I will be out of town!

gezzzz

3. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

I'll be running this one again this year...its a smaller low key race. Gerry won 3rd place in his age group last year...there was an unknown barefooter who won an award in another age group also.

4. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I would like to get a final head count on who is going to run this Duluth 5K.If you would like to attend this event, and meetup with other barefoot runners who will be running it as well, please RSVP to BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org

5. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Send me a link for registration and i will sign up.

6. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hi. The link is at the beginning of this post about the 5k.

Gerry

7. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Hi All,

Looks like the final roll call for the Duluth 5K is going to be Mokaman (Terry), Vibramfreak, Barefoot_n_ga, with a possible from Mike Mongeon. My hubby has informed me that he will be working Sunday, so I will be at home watching our kids. Anyone else attending?

Terry, can you arrange a meetup place with the others via email or PMs?

Have fun, you guys!

TJ

8. hicklinc

hicklinc Barefooters
    1. Georgia

im down for the next run thats near me just ran my first 5k a couple weeks ago and just ran my first 5k in minimalist shoes tonight my feet were killing me they were zengear 360's

9. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I thought the race was Saturday morning and was pretty excited about it. I can't come on Sunday so ya'll have fun!

10. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hey Mike,

I am sorry you can't make the race tomorrow. I hope we can meet up soon for a run. I am doing a 5K in Norcross on Saturday, 10/15.

Gerry