GA/Atlanta - ING Georgia Marathon/Half Marathon

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Date: Sun 03/21/10 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT

2. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

So far we have 7 people running the Half. We can run together or separately, however is best to get to the finish line. Carry socks or whatever elseif you think your feet may need a break. Stay for lunch at one of the local downtown Atlanta restaurants after the race, so we can talk and get to know each other more. We will meet at the Dome's Marta Station at 6:00 a.m. and head to the Start around 6:30 a.m. (See the red arrow on the map below.) [I will try to post the map on this post soon.]

Course map can be found at: http://tiny.cc/W8Rpi

Please RSVP to Barefoot TJ
    (Include yourphone number and email address.)
    ga_events1@barefootrunners.org

3. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Cameron, Terry, and I ran the half barefoot. It was outstanding. We really had a good time. We had many positive comments from the runners and spectators. We were interviewed by Fox News before the race, and twice on our run, someone yelled out to us, "Hey barefoot runners, I saw you on the news this morning." Ha, hysterical!

On a barefoot friendliness scale from 1 - 5 with 1 being the most favorable, I would rate the surfaceas a 3, the people as a 1, and the event as a 1. I highly recommend this race for barefoot runners who are comfortable and confident with 13.1 miles or more.

Great memories, Terry & Cameron. Can't wait 'til next year!

4. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Great race TJ and Cameron!

That was a really good race, I was surprised by all the barefoot shout outs from crowd...will be doing this one again.

Moka