Funny story!

Norm Deplume

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
I got invited to a new group of moms in the area who are starting a monthly girls' night out. I knew most of the ladies from other things, but this is the first time we've all hung out together at a bar. So about one drink into the evening, my barefooting came up in conversation, and one of the other moms (Who I met/talked to for the first time last December) said, "The first time my son (11) saw you running, he though you had an emergency." She responded, "it might be, but she seems to be running pretty slow for it to be an emergency."

They went back and forth about what my deal might be, noticing that it was a little cold out, and normal people wear shoes when it's not summer. yadda yadda yadda, she finally concluded, "She must've lost a bet."

The whole group had a good laugh at the "bet" conclusion, and the fact that I run really slow.

Good times.

...yeah, going out for drinks

...yeah, going out for drinks with my mates...I remember that...

Isn't it nice that your running was the topic of conversation between a mother and son. It should warm your heart.

JosephTree wrote:...yeah,

JosephTree said:
...yeah, going out for drinks with my mates...I remember that...

Isn't it nice that your running was the topic of conversation between a mother and son. It should warm your heart.

That's true never thought of that. The fact they even mentioned it is a miracle. It may be signs of folks warming up to the idea?

I like that it concluded in a

I like that it concluded in a joke instead of the opposite.

My friend's next door neighbor's daughter (about 8 years old) told my friend, "My mom thinks your friend is weird." It's a little awkward every time I see that lady now, not so much for me but her. Ha! I am sure of who I am, so I don't bother me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts