Fun YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by murls, Sep 14, 2013.

1. murls

murls Barefooters
    1. Australia

Well I cant sleep so I was cruising Youtube for videos about bare footing and came across a couple I thought might be fun to share.

1. Making Your own VFFs

2. A scientific look at the transition to barefoot

enjoy!

Barefoot TJ and Darkand like this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Good video on the changes the body goes through from shod to barefoot running and the differences between shod and barefoot running.

I tried to make my own "VFFs" long ago, and it turned out to be a big mess! Good luck to anyone who tries this.

murls likes this.
  3. Neil_D

Neil_D Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

I reckon it could end up more expensive making your own Five Fingers than buying a pair.
    At $6 per can of spray on plastic (I don't know how many socks that would cover) I would imagine they would only last a couple of runs at best and would get pretty smell too if you didn't wash them.
    They would also not look anything like as cool!

Neil

murls likes this.
  4. Larry

Larry Barefooters
    1. Australia

Depends, you could hand over a pair of injinjis to one of those hop-hop spray can artist types and get the coolest min shoes on the planet! :)

Nice find with the Catalyst vid Murls. Seemed a pretty balanced report, although the boffins didn't really present any conclusions. It's not better or worse, just different.

murls likes this.
  5. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

That's great! I've been so impatient waiting for my ' proper' sandals to arrive I hacked up a pair of old flip flops and improvised with some rope I found in the shed..... Et voila! I haven't run in them but they are fine for day to day B-)
    I' ve been in a tailspin about what to put on the kids..... the occasional time they actually need to put shoes on, so have got them cheap aqua socks to run and also massacred their little thongs into groovy Little summer sandals :)
    DSC_0147.jpg

murls likes this.
  6. murls

murls Barefooters
    1. Australia

"That's great! I've been so impatient waiting for my ' proper' sandals to arrive I hacked up a pair of old flip flops and improvised with some rope I found in the shed....."

Nice work! I have been thinking about doing the thing for ages but never seem to get around to it. :)

7. murls

murls Barefooters
    1. Australia

Yea it was nice to see scientists just doing science!