FREE Webinar: From Primal to Bipedal

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010

Did you know that the primitive foot and human foot contain all the same bones - including sesamoids?

Did you know that the opposable thumb of the primate has evolved to the human foot 1st Ray and that the evolution of bunions can be matched to the instability found in the primitive foot?

de7e0867-e0a0-48ab-848a-0d1adfef276a.jpg

How does knowing the evolution of the human foot important to your practice? Well one it's interesting! But it also helps to better understand the biomechanics behind flat feet, mid tarsal break and bunions. I know after teaching this webinar it's changed my approach to the foot - and I'm a Podiatrist!

Want to learn more?

Check out our FREE archived webinar below!

From Primal to Bipedal

The Shaping of the Human Foot & it's Functional Role with Dr. Emily Splichal

479b08ba-928a-4f94-bf70-d1d980a6a1eb.jpg

Rolling and crawling are currently some of the hottest trends in fitness and corrective exercise programming. Despite the current popularity in these methods we cannot forget that we are still bipedal animals and that simply training primal patterns is not enough to restore the demands of bipedal locomotion.

Join Dr Emily as she explores the evolution of the human foot and how it was designed to meet the functional demands of walking. Learn how to integrate these concepts into your client programming and meet the demands of today's animal.

LISTEN TO THIS FREE WEBINAR!

Did you miss a past webinar?

Listen to the archived versions NOW!

Leaders in Barefoot Education

In the mean time, please connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook,

Youtube and Twitter as well as check out our latest Educational Blog!