Free shoes

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
I just found out that a local running store is having one of those New Year's Eve runs that goes past midnight. They follow up this on New Year's Day with a Polar Bear Plunge, which is a 2 mile run along which you have to swim through 3 swimming pools (with the finisher's medals in the bottom of the third pool).

Anyway, I was reading about these and found out that if I bring in both race numbers to the store, I can enter a drawing for a free pair of running shoes! Woo Hoo!! ;-) Too bad it's not the other big running store in town. At least they carry Bikilas. So if you see a photo of a street person in Tulsa in brand new TRS, you'll know I won. :)

Ah, BS, Miker!  You won't

Ah, BS, Miker! You won't wear them! If they let you choose what shoes to get, won't you pick VFFs over TRSs? I'm SURE you will.

Sounds like a crazy, awesome event. I love that the medals are in the bottom of the third pool. Get pictures!

Yeah, that's the problem. The

Yeah, that's the problem. The store sponsoring the contest "doesn't" carry VFFs. The other big store in town does. So if I win (I figure odds are 1 in 300 so it's better than Powerball) I think I'll just pick some out and take them to the homeless shelter. :) Let them be stylin' in some new treads... ;-)

I see.  I guess I misread

I see. I guess I misread that they did carry them. Maybe you can ask for the cash equivalent?

I went to listen to Scott

I went to listen to Scott Jurek talk at a LRS last year and won a pair of Brooks Cascadias. The store personnel were intimately familiar with my barefootedness (I ran barefoot in the winter with their trail running group). Everyone had a good laugh. I traded the 3"-soled Cascadias for a pair of Brooks XC flats, which still sucked.