Fred from Paris - France

fredbros

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
Hi, I'm the main writer for French leading running dedicated website http://www.wanarun.net

I'm also a future freelance writer for French running magazine Jogging International

I discovered minimalist running 6 months ago after having reviewed Born to Run for my readers. Starting from that point I decided to try it and managed the following reviews on the website : VFF KSO, VFF BIKILA, Terra Plana EVO, Kigo Edge. I will start to review huaraches tomorrow and Zemgear in a few weeks. From there, I should then try real barefoot ... when Spring will have come.

In France, we - barefoot / minimalists are still seen as some sort of aliens ... and may represent, let's say 0.0001% of the runners population but we try to promote it. I started a dedicated website with friends http://nuspieds.net a,d had the chance to get interviewed on two French TV channels (well ... small ones).

I would like to add a BRS chapter in France if that make sense (tell me).

Best regards to all.

Welcome! It's always nice to

Welcome! It's always nice to see someone else on "my" side of the world, I live in Sweden. As for starting a French chapter I hear there are some legal issues but I don't know the details. I'm sure TJ will tell you more about it though.

Hello fred I just registered

Hello fred I just registered on this board too.

Good luck with new chapter.

I love France, been there only twice though.

Had one of the most enjoyable surf trips ever over there, to Southwest France and Northern coast of Spain.

Would love to go again!

We are actually thinking

We are actually thinking about starting some international chapters. They will operate similarly but differently. Fred, please contact AndyG "at" BarefootRunners "dot" org to let him know that you are interested in starting a chapter in France. Let him know that I've asked you to contact him. He is in the process of selling his house and moving, so it may be a couple of weeks before you hear back from him. If you do not hear back from him by then, please send me a private message through my profile link.

Also, I sent you an email about your interest in writing for the BRS. Since I see your references/work linked about, I will check that out and get back to you soon. Thanks so much!

EDIT: Looks good, except I can't read French to know how to sifer which articles are yours and which are someone else's. Hee. Could you point me to a couple of yours with links, and I will run them through the translator?

Fred - welcome to the alien

Fred - welcome to the alien family. I lived in Germany for a few years and get back there once in a while. I'm trying to bring the family to Paris for a few days sometime in the next few years. If I get the plan together, maybe we could meet up for a run. Have fun, be careful, and live long and prosper.

Salut Fred,I live in the

Salut Fred,

I live in the US and started running in the spring. I quickly decided that shod running was not for me and switched to barefoot. When I visited my family in France this summer, my marathon running sister was horrified that I could consider running barefoot, or even with minimalist shoes. She insisted that I need cushionning, arch support etc. And since she's the runner, she knows better. She's in her early 30th and is constantly injured: knee, hip, etc. Our mom told her she was too old to run (what a joke!) and I told her a few things about barefoot running but she was sceptical since she had never heard of it or seen anybody barefoot on a serious race.

I'm so happy that you created a ressource in French about barefoot running. I'll look through your site and send links to my sister. Maybe she will listen to you...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts