Form/Blister question

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
I am developing blisters in the outside pads of my feet. The blisters are deep, meaning they barely show on the surface, but they will be maybe 3/4"-1" from end to end. They run along the outside of my feet. They never pop, but they sure make it tender. After a run, I can feel them, and they are sensitive, but they aren't as sensitive as a blister that is on the surface.

Am I pushing off with the outsides of my feet? I figure this is a form thing, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas??

Great...I've got a problem no

Great...I've got a problem no one else has had. :~ Guess I'll make up a name for it so I can have a one man club...hmmm...how 'bout "Mikes Blisteroma". Sorry, just trying to keep up with the Mortons, I mean the Jones'. :)

I'll take a stab at it. If

I'll take a stab at it. If you look at race photos, you'll notice that toward the finish, when people are starting to kick, that there feet will often be rotated inward slightly when they're off the ground. Since almost invariably, people are lengthening their stride to increase speed at the finish, I'd hazard a guess that maybe you are overstriding just a bit. That opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, provided you bring your own cup :).

I haven't had problems in

I haven't had problems in that area but I've had similar issues in other spots. In my case it seems o have a correlation with callouses I've developed from shoes. The blisters form underneath the callous and I'm thinking this is because the dead skin on the ouside moves more than it should and separates from the healthy skin underneath. Also, you might be reaching out in front of you a bit but I'd say the probable cause would lie in your landing rather than in the lift phase. Can you feel your feet rotate when they land?