For senior citizen athletes, coronavirus shutdown takes away time they don't have to spare|Bob Ford

WilliamRhoad.jpg

For senior citizen athletes, coronavirus shutdown takes away time they don't have to spare | Bob Ford
By The Philadelphia Inquirer

For senior citizen athletes, coronavirus shutdown takes away time they don't have to spare | Bob Ford
The Philadelphia Inquirer
It wasn't really a race against the clock, except, of course, the four runners ... “Actually, running hurdles barefoot feels great, and I'll probably do it in ...

"Old news is good news." I don't run that fast, or in such competitions. I just hope I can keep running. Pretty inspirational. Learning how to run hurdles would be a dream! Go, my fellow old Rhoad-runner: the coyote's after you! My last name's "Rohde," too, by the way, spelled that way. I doubt we're related, but we obviously share a common affinity for the "road." And every once in a while I do try to envision that coyote on my tail. Beep Beep!

Great story, although with some sad implications. Bill Rhoad is an inspiration to all runners barefoot or otherwise! I can only hope to still be able to run at all at that age. I'm only 59 and I've already given up hope of having that much hair! :D :barefoot:

My running took a turn for the way better starting a few years ago due in large part to me setting a new goal: be able to run well into my 90s. I'm 47 so that means 1/2 a century more of running ahead of me. That also means stop worrying about "Gosh, have I put in enough miles for this next race? What about my speedwork? Should I run through this nagging pain? What about muh gains!" Instead, just relax, take it easy and run for the sake of running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts