For all the grannies out there

Barefoot Dama

Barefooters
Jun 8, 2010
Iowa
Reactions: Barefoot Dama
So the average age was 51.........who did they use to balance out the 71 year olds, 31 year old "older women"?

Our daughter is 31!
Or maybe when studying these "grannies" they didn't bother finding anyone over 55.

You might ask, I always take all of the "profesional" studies with a grain or two of salt.
Studies like this don't mean much to me I think all depends on how physically fit the person is.
There are older people fitter than a young chicken and when put together my vote goes to the grannie.

:rolleyes: at study. Too many variable - and no way they did this for a "large enough" sample. On the other hand, everyone knows that growing old is, well, growing old, to some extent, no matter who we are. So it's kind of like saying, look, we get old and not all systems may work as well. DUH. We needed a study?

Compare the question asked in the title of the study to the headline of the Runner's World article.

Title in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise
Do Older Females Store More Heat than Younger Females during Exercise in the Heat?

Headline in Runner's World
Are Older Women Runners at a Disadvantage in the Heat?

The study does not directly address the subject of "disadvantage." That is an editorial stance of the headline writer at Runner's World. Is it a useful study? I think so, if you stick to the actual conclusions made.

Reactions: OdiarAmor