For Advanced Barefoot Runners Only... here's a challenge.

the intoxication will make

the intoxication will make it easier....I say you have to do it sober :-D

But I'm in! Can we make our own trail of razor blades??? :-0

Shouldn't this be for

Shouldn't this be for experienced drinkers/ experienced barefoot runners? And shouldn't it be a video instead? I mean anybody can take a picture acting like they are running on something rough. ;-)

here's a little vid I did

here's a little vid I did back in june...shows the trails I mostly run on....at 3:30 is my gravel nemises :)...but I fully plan on breaking up a lot of glass, razors, and old hypodermics to make a supper fun trail run!

I wish I had video of the carpet of acorns I stumbled (can't quite call it running) across a couple of weeks ago....that by far, was the worse I've run on....two miles of acorn covered trail...not one or two, or ten acorns...they were literally blanketing the entire trail, you could not NOT step on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fXvbZmLe3I

That looks like a terrific

That looks like a terrific run.

Ooh!  I'll be back with

Ooh! I'll be back with photos when I'm on the other computer. I had a pretty miserable time of it this summer, because my street got resurfaced. They tore several layers of asphalt off, cleaned the debris up poorly, scored the "bed", and then left it that way for about 2 months until they FINALLY put down a new surface. I intended to make a blog post out of it, but never got around to it. I SHALL RETURN!

Dang, I was thinking how

Dang, I was thinking how rough part of my trail run was yesterday. Now I'm gonna have to do it again... :-/ I agree w/Nate though. This crap is a LOT harder sober.

I hiked on the obsidian flow

I hiked on the obsidian flow up at Newberry Crater in Oregon (with shoes). That's some REAL sharp and jabby stuff. Who's gonna take that one on? Ouch.

All I need to do is run down

All I need to do is run down my hallway. With the lego's, matchbox, bakugans, marbles, etc. it's the gnarliest surface I know.

barefoot ramzev wrote: All I

barefoot ramzev said:
All I need to do is run down my hallway. With the lego's, matchbox, bakugans, marbles, etc. it's the gnarliest surface I know.

lmao Ram, I was just going to post that. Ditto to that...little legos are evil!

Talk, talk talk...Not

Talk, talk talk...Not believing ANY of it until I see pics. :cool:

(The roughest I've run on is rough chip & seal, so no pics from me.)

zapmamak wrote:I hiked on

zapmamak said:
I hiked on the obsidian flow up at Newberry Crater in Oregon (with shoes). That's some REAL sharp and jabby stuff. Who's gonna take that one on? Ouch.

Unfortunately, I've done something similar to that. My wife and I did a 1-mile trek through fresh lava fields (about 100 years old is all I believe) to go snorkeling. On the way back, her flip-flop she had on broke so I gave her mine and finished the last 3/4 of a mile barefoot across it. I have pictures of it somewhere. It wasn't the nice smooth lava. Come to think about it, it possibly could've been obsidian. It looks like the pictures I'm bringing up.

Okay - here's the part of the

Okay - here's the part of the road that didn't get tore up. You can see that I'm not exactly blessed with wonderful roads to begin with.

And then they tore up the road like this. Ya gotta love the debris on the shoulder. And, see, they painted a line on it because they intended to leave it this way for TWO MONTHS before resurfacing.

There was a lotta stuff that looked like this:

Unfortunately, for two months, since it's the only way in or out of my street, I had to run at least 1 mile on this crap every time I went out.

I have trail sections where

I have trail sections where the Norwegians fill in mud holes with crushed roof tiles, over monster roots, where the path is pure granite, and broken shells. Still it is asphalt that kicks my butt. (can I say that word, Teej?)

037.jpg

029.jpg
027.jpg
023.jpg

Tell me about it. I (and all

Tell me about it. I (and all the lucky people in Norway) am lucky. All this begins at my door. More:
036.jpg

035.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

030.jpg