Foot Injury-Can Barely Walk...Any Ideas?

I haven't seen it.  Hopefully

I haven't seen it. Hopefully I or BB will find it soon and eradicate it from the site.

Everyone - Thanks for the

Everyone - Thanks for the replies.

After checking my logs I noticed I started having an issue three runs before this race. Didn't seem like a huge issue then but now...well have to learn from it now. Anyway hindsight is like foresight with no future right?

I would say my biggest lesson learned is about running BF in the cold. Have to second TJs (or BF Teds) note that a numb foot is a dumb foot (or a dumb runner in my case). I believe that my stride changed along with my landing. I just couldn't feel how much damage I was doing until it was to late.

Went to the base Doc...wow anyone who thinks they want the government to run their healthcare please hit me up. I have to admit I attempted to hide the fact that I run BF when I went in there but when she asked me how old my shoes were and if they have enough cushion I couldn't help but be a smart ass. "32 yo and they have the perfect amount of cushion and is the cheapest known to man". After attempting to poke and twist for a few minutes she commented about how my foot doesn't seem to be very flexible for a runner..."well wouldn't you be a little tense if someone was grabbing your foot and attempting to twist it around when it feel like a knife is poking through it? Try checking my left foot for flexiblity".

Got some ranger candy out of it (800mg Motrin) and told to stay off of it and drink water. Oh and ice and elevate. Never got an actual diagnosis or even a guess. Standard.

But it's getting better and I think it should heal up soon. Gonna hit the RICE formula and attempt to swim in a couple of days.

Oh and I just wanted to clarify about my time in minimalist shoes...most of that time I was in the gym doing CrossFit (CF) WODs and/or olympic lifts. This included sprints...lots of sprints. Never been much of a long distance runner until I finally shed my VFFs. I loved it and haven't looked back (well I guess tell now).

What running dude? I don't

What running dude? I don't see anything? ;)

I wonder what Born to run had to do with this thread and health insurance...

Blind Boy wrote:What running

Blind Boy said:
What running dude? I don't see anything? ;)

I wonder what Born to run had to do with this thread and health insurance...

Nice. Maybe he should have read your byline.

Gator wrote:Oh and I just

Gator said:
Oh and I just wanted to clarify about my time in minimalist shoes...most of that time I was in the gym doing CrossFit (CF) WODs and/or olympic lifts. This included sprints...lots of sprints. Never been much of a long distance runner until I finally shed my VFFs. I loved it and haven't looked back (well I guess tell now).

Dude you didn't include this information at first now it sounds exactly like my situation. Have you been doing double unders and box jumps too? I think these and sprints are the primary cause of my foot tendonitis. I like to blame it on my vff's but it really isn't fair to them.

Chances are you will never get an actual diagnosis, these types of injuries are very difficult to understand.

Oh yeah I quit doing double unders, they just are not worth it to me. And for a while I would just step down on the box jumps. It seems to help. I can jump down now, but I really focus on absorbing more of the impact by bending my knees.

That's weird.  I don't see

That's weird. I don't see the post in this thread from TheRunningDude. He can't delete his own posts, and it doesn't sound like BB deleted it.

I did delete it and tried to

I did delete it and tried to joke around a bit about it. Guess it didn't go so well. The account's gone too.

Did you delete the account

Did you delete the account too or just the post/s?

Gator:I'm 2.5 weeks into

Gator:

I'm 2.5 weeks into healing what sounds exactly like what you have. I did a hard half-mile sprint on concrete producing some discomfort, but then ran three more times, finally resulting in what I believe is a stress fracture (very sensitive to impact or vibration, as is any broken bone) possibly coupled with some connecting tissue overextension. I'm limping expertely and working on 6 weeks of no running. I think Zum, Ryan and the others are on track with the stress fracture diagnosis. The longer you keep putting regular weight on it, the longer it will take to heal. Unless your commander is an idiot, he should understand that and limit your duties for a while if he wants you back as soon as possible.

And for the future, I'm giving up barefoot/minimal sprinting entirely unless its on grass. TMTS. Happy Veterans Day, and thanks for serving. Hooah!