Foot Going-ons Report, w/e Nov. 7

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
new week

you and me both Abide, had to

you and me both Abide, had to cave and put socks on this mornign though. Our heat had been out for the last few weeks, dh just fixed it fortunately, though it was cold last night (even with a long sleeve tee, sweater, fleece robe, long skirt and yoga pants on...that was just NOT warming my feet. Oh the foot claustrophobia, hate socks.

Rest day for me and it feels damn good!

5 bf miles during my lunch

5 bf miles during my lunch break...mostly asphalt

Mile 1: 9:50
Mile 2: 8:26
Mile 3: 8:22
Mile 4: 7:30
Mile 5: 7:19

I ran a mile with my daughter

I ran a mile with my daughter today as a little recovery run from this weekend's ten miler palooza. It's the first time she has ever run a mile straight through and I can't be more proud!

that is sweet J, how old is

that is sweet J, how old is your dd? Give her a big ol BRS pat on the back, was she barefoot too?

No, not barefoot. It was

No, not barefoot. It was actually too cold for barefoot tonight, brrr. She wore springy shoes. I need to get them all some minimalist footwear - it's hard for kids. Capmikee made the middle one wear shoes the other day and she was practically crying about it way long after. It was sad and she made me promise her some Zems.

Today was 61f up here in

Today was 61f up here in Calgary. Got in 8k with speed work at noon. I have been keeping bottles of frozzen water in the fridge at work for hard run days. Feels gooooood to cool the feet all afternoon.
beer.png

dang it, though for sure

dang it, though for sure I posted back to J.

Kids shoes are hard to come by in minimal form. They're spendy and they outgrow them in minutes.

Heading to preschool (with dd) then 2 zumba classes. in Adizeros

All barefootMonday:5

All barefoot

Monday:

5 miles

Time: 39:04

Pace: 7:49

Temp: 39 degrees

Today (Tuesday):

4.5 miles

Time: 38:17

Pace: 8:28

Temp: 30 degrees - First barefoot run of the season below freezing conditions. Toes got slightly numb in the beginning, but came back to life about 15 minutes into run. Overall feet handled very nicely.

2 barefoot miles today.

2 barefoot miles today.

Warmed feet before starting, and they stayed warm the entire run. Slight TOFP in left foot, but only when I lift the toes hard. :)

1mile barefoot then another

1mile barefoot then another 4.25 in VFFs yesterday

1mile barefoot then another 4.25 in Vffs today.

I have a sore spot on the ball of my right foot that hasn't healed and the temp was around 30. My feet hurt terrible so I think I will have to wait until it gets healed before I attempt more barefoot. When it does heal I do have an indoor track I can go to once in a while to get them back in shape. I can either run on fake turf or on the asphalt track.

I really want to be able to do this. The first time I ran totally barefoot I was amazed at how good it felt! I just have to be careful and use common sense.
grade.png

Peanut

Still healing from too fast

Still healing from too fast to early blisters created last week. I ran 4 miles last night and 3.75 miles tonight. Very strained calfs, but they are getting better every day. Can't wait till I can run barefoot again. I have been very my Vibram Trecs for the last 4 runs.

I was excited as it was

I was excited as it was unseasonably cold here today....so I got my coldest run of my barefoot life in today, 29 degrees F....I only did 3 miles because I didn't want to push it too much....this is how it went down...

by the first 1/2 mile, the two longest toes on each foot were numb, I took a look at them, and they were ok, and I could still move them, so I continued.....by mile 1.5 they warmed up, and by mile 2, the vasodialation kicked in and my feet were steaming warm....I would have run further, but the rest of my body wasn't quite enjoying the cold, as I have a minor cold and couldn't quite get my breath regulated...BUT the feet were fine!

Welcome, BMulnix!  Please

Welcome, BMulnix! Please explain your very funny avatar.

BMulnix, sorry about your mad

BMulnix, sorry about your mad calves. Are you making sure to drop your heel when you footstrike? Forcing the heel to stay off the ground gave me some pissed off calves in the beginning. Welcome!

Nice work Cube, how long did it take for your feet to warm up? I notice that it takes my feet about 2miles before they are not super sensitive or numb feeling in any spots.

Twinkle! Awesome run, how far into the cold will you go given your condition?

Peanut, it may have been the cold. My soles are ridiculously sensitive when they are cold, it brings me back to how it felt the first run!

at about mile 2 they were

at about mile 2 they were quite toasty....so 13-16 min. in?? I wasn't timing myself, but it was a faster run...I was only out for about 20 min.