Folic Acid

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Some highlights first:

"Folic acid can speed up cancers for the same reason it can prevent neural tube defects—the body uses more folate for rapid cell growth, something shared in the fetus and tumors."

"It’s not likely that the U.S. will suspend fortification of processed foods with synthetic folic acid. The business of selling these and other synthetic vitamins, whether for fortification or pills, is booming. "

"The primary problem is nothing more than the fact that too many people are not eating well. Governments have not helped, allowing—actually encouraging—industry to sweet-talk entire populations into avoiding the consumption of healthy food by offering easy, cheap and unhealthy alternatives ["fortified" with snythetic vitamins which at best do nothing - WG]."

A good article by the real Dr. Phil, check it out here:

http://philmaffetone.com/folateplot.cfm

Basically, synthetics exist because they can't patent a leaf (yet), and they all suck.

"Multivitamins" are poison.

Some highlights first:

"Folic acid can speed up cancers for the same reason it can prevent neural tube defects—the body uses more folate for rapid cell growth, something shared in the fetus and tumors."

"It’s not likely that the U.S. will suspend fortification of processed foods with synthetic folic acid. The business of selling these and other synthetic vitamins, whether for fortification or pills, is booming. "

"The primary problem is nothing more than the fact that too many people are not eating well. Governments have not helped, allowing—actually encouraging—industry to sweet-talk entire populations into avoiding the consumption of healthy food by offering easy, cheap and unhealthy alternatives ["fortified" with snythetic vitamins which at best do nothing - WG]."

A good article by the real Dr. Phil, check it out here:

http://philmaffetone.com/folateplot.cfm

Basically, synthetics exist because they can't patent a leaf (yet), and they all suck.

"Multivitamins" are poison.
I don't do vitamins but my kids do. If you have time Willie, please point me to other articles about vitamins.

Reactions: Abide