FL/Tampa - First Tampa Chapter Meetup/Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Warren Dickey, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Warren Dickey

Warren Dickey Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida - Tampa
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

Date: Sat 08/27/11 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT

To All,

We'll be conducting our first Tampa Chapter Meetup/Run on Saturday, 27 Aug at 0900. Parking is available at Liberty Park at the corner of Bay To Bay Blvd and Bayshore Blvd. We'll be running on the beautiful expanse of concrete that makes up the running path along Bayshore Blvd, right on Hillsborough Bay.

The plan is to start forming up around 0900 followed by a meet & greet to see who is who. Depending on the experience level of the runners present we can either conduct some training and trade tips and tricks or go straight into the run. I'm looking at an easy 3-mile run. 1.5 down and 1.5 back. For those that may not be up to that distance that's not a problem. Turn back as you need to. That's why we are doing a down and back run.

Things to consider. If you are very fair skinned, consider sunblock since that location will be fully exposed to the sun by 0900. I also advise sunglasses or a running visor for the same reason. The sun will be sparkling like diamonds off the water we'll be running next to. We won't be into the full heat of the day but I also highly advise water due to the humidity this time of year and the fact that there aren't any water fountains around. Also, for bathrooms, there aren't any at Liberty Park so use it before you arrive or you can probably use the little diner that's about a block away.

I'll have a gray BRS running shirt on with a white visor and a red bandana on my right wrist so I'm easy to identify. I'lll also have chapter registration forms for runners to fill out to satisfy the National BRS Chapter's "hold harmless" requirement.

For those that are interested we could catch some brunch at the little diner a block from the run location.

I very much look forward to seeing everyone there.

Keep it bare,

Warren

2. juleme

juleme Barefooters
    1. Florida -...
    2. Florida -...
    3. Germany &...

I look forward to our first meeting! Hopefully we'll be able to draw a nice crowd. But even if not, I look forward to meeting everybody!

Cheers, Julie

3. barefootmarc

barefootmarc Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida -...
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

Have a great run. I will have to pass on this one as I will be away.

4. Warren Dickey

Warren Dickey Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida - Tampa
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

Marc,

Be safe whereever you may be going.

Warren