Five more peaks in the Adirondacks

Gorgeous! I could hang out there all day!

Feel free to share your book info on the site here too.

Nice! Its so neat to see on here some of the same trails I've taken. And I'm jealous you got to see some nice fall colors! I'd love to have gone on a hike during the colors but just couldn't work it into the schedule, I think I'm probably done until next summer. The Santanonis are quite the mud slog aren't they eh? I think some of the deepest on-trail mud I've ever been in was on that trip. I didn't report on it on the forums here when I hiked it last year, as I actually wore hiking boots for it. :eek: I had heard it was a mud slog and the day after I was back I had a nice day all planned out with my girlfriend to a couple wineries and nice dinner so I thought I'd try to keep my feet clean and see how it was like to hike in boots again after not having done that in many years. Well I can say I was a lot faster, but the 'experiment' was a failure, the boots leaked and I went over the boots in mud a couple times anyhow, ended up a squish squish squish all the way down the mountain lol. So I'll have to re-hike them again for them to be on my barefoot list. One of the few I am not thrilled to hike again, at least Couch. Did that half destroyed bridge get fixed yet? Kudos for doing it as a dayhike, that is one hard day! I didn't even attempt, we camped and made it ovenighter. Same with Colvin & Blake.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Hey Tristan, I was thinking of you while out there. Yup, lots of mud out there on Couch! Would like to sneak back out again in October, but hearing of snow already in the Catskills, I think my next trip to the Daks will be in July 2019.... speaking of which, what's the Winter Challenge?

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11