Fit Bit One and Flex

Woodsman

Barefooters
Jan 13, 2012
My company is offering me one of the fitbits as part of there health incentive program. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am not sure what the difference is besides one you wear as a clip and has an LED display and Flex goes on your wrist like a watch and doesn't have the display.

My wife has the Flex. You tap it to see how close you are to your step target or turn on sleep or workout mode. It syncs automatically with your computer when you are close to it. I think the One connects to your computer too but don't know how

My wife has the Flex - it monitors her activity through the day and even her sleep. Connects via Bluetooth to her iphone, but she only does periodically that to synch the reports. Had it for a couple months now and she seems to like it. The one negative she's noticed is that it sometimes doesn't pick up her steps when walking slowly (when becoming part of the "herd" at Ikea, for example) and our grandaughter likes to try and grab it off her wrist :)

Reactions: paulbeales
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the One, because I have a heart rate monitor for running and don't need anything else on my wrist. To be honest the FitBit seems to have limited use. It's really just a fancy pedometer, but if I wear it for a while I'll save some $$ on my health insurance. The company program seems to be more designed for your average, sedentary person.

I am interested to see how it works with barefoot running. I'll post a review when I have used it for a while.

Reactions: paulbeales