First Sunday Siesta Key Barefoot Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by barefootmarc, Jan 11, 2012.

1. barefootmarc

barefootmarc
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida -...
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

Treat your feet to a barefoot run on the shell strewn and pure quartz sand on Siesta Key, the "Best beach in America" at 9:00 a.m., yellow lifeguard hut, Siesta Key Beach, 948 Beach Road, FL 34242 on February 5. Join us for International Barefoot Running Day, same place and time on May 6.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. tao.of.gemini

tao.of.gemini
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida -...
    2. Florida -...
    3. Colorado

Hey Marc,

Hope all is well on your beautiful sandy beaches!!! I see you have your IBRD event already scheduled... I am entertaining the idea of having an event in central Florida this year so that perhaps more of our chapters can get together for this event rather than having individual ones to see how it works out .... I know not everyone will be able to travel but its a thought since we all do our own thing most of the year.... your thoughts?

3. barefootmarc

barefootmarc
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida -...
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

Hi Steve,

I started early to get the word out for our second year of the IBRD in Siesta Key so that we can build momentum and get some press coverage and pics. At some time it might be good to try a central event. Perhaps around next year's Goofy Challenge or other event. That way folks would already be in the area for these bigger events. Just a thought. Congrats on your appointment.