First marathon Saturday. On a singletrack trail in the badlands. Barefoot!

trevize1138

Barefooters
Jun 20, 2017
Minnesota
Can't wait! I'm having trouble concentrating on work this week and had trouble sleeping last night thinking about all the logistics for the trip. Taking two friends, one of whom is doing the 55 mile event and the other the 6.2 mile event. Myself and my friend doing the 10k are barefoot and my 55 mile friend is thinking of trading up his Altras for some Luna sandals after Saturday. This is the Maah Daah Hey 100 Trail Run so there's also a 100 mile event along with a couple other distances.

Can't decide if I should pack my Xero DIY 4mm sandals or my 11+mm Luna Mono sandals for just in case I just can't hack it all barefoot. The Xeros are certainly lighter and easier to pack and the trail is overall soft dirt so I shouldn't need anything as thick as the Monos which are my go-to rough gravel runners.

I was feeling a tad psyched out a week ago after a few rough runs in the humidity of southern MN but it's a lot drier out in western ND and I had a couple good runs mid-week last week before starting a 1.5 week taper. Now I'm just excited.

Reactions: Jaqa and bare_ftazn
We're excited for you! Take photos and share a report with us. Good luck!

Reactions: trevize1138
I'll certainly post pictures of the run! I already promised a good friend of mine who has moral objections to men wearing sandals (he says "no dude feet") that I'd take pictures of my dirty, dusty feet. I'll have to get those pictures before the end of the race as there are three creek crossings about a mile before the finish.

OK, back to trying and failing to focus on work for one more day...

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts