First 10K barefoot race!
By Visions of Asia

So, I bit the bullet, and decided to register myself for a real race barefoot (yeah, obviously not trying to compete with the guys who swallowed 10 k in 1/2 hr). The idea was to measure myself in a competitive environment and with the need to pace and keep a good speed to complete the race.

I had some training with 12 to 13 k runs in the mountains (so very very hard climbs, which do wonders for your cardio), so I was confident about being able to cover 10K, and it was fun, as the race course was totally flat.

In the end, quite satisfied, and I was feeling that good, that after the race, I added a 8 K hike back home. Feels good to be feeling fit again!

Full story:
https://visionsofasia.asia/2018/11/28/first-10k-barefoot-race/

Moving along nicely. Good to see you're accomplishing your goals. Congrats! I've mirrored your post to the home page. Thanks for sharing. :barefoot:

Thanks for all the kind words. At least in HK, hiking and running barefoot has a positive impact, as people either admire you or wish they could do the same - after all, foot reflexology originates in China. Participating in races is helpful also to promote barefooting as it may inspire other runners to try it too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test