First 10K barefoot race!
By Visions of Asia

So, I bit the bullet, and decided to register myself for a real race barefoot (yeah, obviously not trying to compete with the guys who swallowed 10 k in 1/2 hr). The idea was to measure myself in a competitive environment and with the need to pace and keep a good speed to complete the race.

I had some training with 12 to 13 k runs in the mountains (so very very hard climbs, which do wonders for your cardio), so I was confident about being able to cover 10K, and it was fun, as the race course was totally flat.

In the end, quite satisfied, and I was feeling that good, that after the race, I added a 8 K hike back home. Feels good to be feeling fit again!

Full story:
https://visionsofasia.asia/2018/11/28/first-10k-barefoot-race/

Moving along nicely. Good to see you're accomplishing your goals. Congrats! I've mirrored your post to the home page. Thanks for sharing. :barefoot:

Thanks for all the kind words. At least in HK, hiking and running barefoot has a positive impact, as people either admire you or wish they could do the same - after all, foot reflexology originates in China. Participating in races is helpful also to promote barefooting as it may inspire other runners to try it too.