Firefox grinds to a snail pace

Discussion in 'Site Issues & Suggestions' started by Piggyback RidePlease, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Piggyback RidePlease

Piggyback RidePlease Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom
    2. International

I normally use Firefox 3.6.15 (under Win 7) but notice that not long after starting a BRS tab and looking at a few forum postings the whole of Firefox grinds to a snail like pace making it largely useless.

I tried the BRS site under Chrome and it runs OK except for an error mentioning that a "Shockwave Flash" plug-in crashed (happens on every BRS page I've tried including the one I'm typing this into). Perhaps it's a similar thing with the BRS site code under Firefox but Firefox does not report it (it just slows down).

Hope that helps. I prefer Firefox as I like to keep all the tabs ready to reopen when I start the PC up again (so I can have the BRS site up straight away). I don't really want to have to use another browser just for the BRS.

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I use Firefox and IE on this

I use Firefox and IE on this site, and I don't have any problems like that. I am using 3.6.13, not 3.6.15 like you though. How long ago did you go to .15? When did you start having this problem? Has it always existed? Do you have a second computer you can use to try to duplicate this problem? If not, what about a friend or family member's PC? Is this your home computer or your work computer?

3. Jennn

Jennn Barefooters
    1. Colorado

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 and

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 and Win7 with no problems at all. Have you tried updating/reinstalling Shockwave (just a guess since it threw an error too)?

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

4. Piggyback RidePlease

Piggyback RidePlease Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom
    2. International

OK, I have installed

OK, I have installed Shockwave and I've also upgraded Firefox to version 3.6.16. I will let you know if I suffer any more!

Thank you.