Finished my first (partially) barefoot ultra

I ran the Paatuwaqatsi 50k on the Hopi reservation in AZ last month. Not only was it my first ultra, but I ended up running somewhere over 10 miles of it barefoot, which was something I've never done in a race before. I hadn't really planned on running barefoot but the course was really sandy and it felt really good underfoot. Barefooting was going so well that I probably would have ended up running the majority barefoot but the sand heated up in the sun and was starting to burn my feet. :(

I wrote a full report here: http://bfinaz.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-first-ultra-paatuwaqatsi-50k-report.html.

BTW, Paatuwaqatsi is an amazing, unique event that I highly recommend. It was Caballo Blanco's favorite race, excluding CCUM.

That sounds fantastic! Soft sand and all! Congrats!

My son is learning about the Hopi right now in school. That's fascinating about the different tribes all in a few hundred feet of one another. I wonder if he knows that.

Way to go!

Congrats

Congratulations. You live in a beautiful state which I love to visit. Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon next week. I'll have to google some runs in your area and plan a trip.
There are some amazingly scenic trails in Sedona (see my avatar). Or, if you're feeling really ambitious, the Grand Canyon is an unforgettable run.

Reactions: rickwhitelaw

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7