Finding Relief From Plantar Fasciitis

Jesse James

Barefooters
Jul 15, 2011
I frequently get questions about specific injuries. Many of these are about plantar fasciitis. Here is an article I wrote with an explanation of what can cause PF and some quick easy exercises to help you get pain relief from plantar fasciitis.

Finding Relief From Plantar Fasciitis

Let me know if this was helpful. I would love to hear your feedback.

Jesse James

more good stuff from you. thanks. i also like using my thumbs, fist, and a baseball or such to help release my tight muscles. whatever tool i can use when one isn't working.

Thanks Migangelo and Rick.

Another option for plantar fasciitis sufferers is blood flow stimulation therapy.
Plantar Fasciitis is caused by excessive stretching and overloading of the Plantar Fascia. The Plantar Fascia does not stretch - it is not supposed to.
The Plantar is designed by nature not to stretch so that it can provide the structural tension your foot needs to support the full weight of your body. Stretching does not help you heal your Plantar Fasciitis; it puts strain on your Plantar, which can actually damage it further and make your situation worse. Plantar Fasciitis occurs when the thick band of tissue on the bottom of the foot is damaged from being over-stretched or over-used. Further stretching is only going to make your situation worse!
The longer you have PF, the more scar tissue you build up.
It can be treated. My godsend has been blood flow stimulation therapy. It is a wrap, sort of like a slipper that you can wear at home. It helps to increase the blood flow to your plantar in order to help it heal. It has worked wonders for me and I will recommend it to everyone to try. I just bought it for my sister as she is now suffering also.
I have also learned in my years of suffering that orthotics, while a great preventative tool, shouldn't be worn when you are suffering a PF flare up. It forces your plantar muscle to stretch.
If you Google BFST, you will find the info on the treatment method.