Finally the Perfect Minimalist Shoe: Sockwa's G4

For the weight to minute/per mile by my observations are about 3 seconds per pound per mile or roughly 30 seconds per min/mile for 10 pounds while barefoot...just observations on my part with my weight ranging from 150 lbs to 165 lbs. Maybe different depending on your starting and ending weight, running form etc...its probably a sliding scale with other factors involved.

I still have a pair of the Sockwa original version with no rubber sole they weight 3 oz for the pair...so the added rubber on the newer Sockwa has at least doubled the weight which is still very light.

The only shoe to not bother my achilles skin is the older dis-continued Puma H-street fashion shoes...if Puma came out with a new version with the old upper section/out sole and zero-dropped and foot shaped they would have a real winner but they must be not interested in that.
Thanks, wow, so now I'm almost as fast as some of you cats, theoretically.

Reactions: NickW
T
Thanks, wow, so now I'm almost as fast as some of you cats, theoretically.

I've wondered if awards for race's should be judged by weight ranges instead of age groups how the results would be...winning your weight group instead of your age group...might be interesting....would the younger runners win the weight group awards?

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
Received the G4's yesterday...did a test road run today and the size M12 I ordered is the right size for me. As a comparison my work Vivo's are size 45 same as Vibrams and my Altra trail shoes are 11.5 or 12's.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Over the years, I've bought shoes that not only fit my feet currently, but will also allow for further barefoot development. So, the shoes that I buy have been progressively wider and thinner over the years.
However, it seems that I've run out of options. Even the widest toe box and thinnest sole isn't wide or thin enough. Honestly, there are no shoes out there that fit the habitually unshod.

Same here. As we all know healthy feet are widest at the toes. Here is a quick comparison of my foot trying to fit Sockwas G3 (which is supposed to be the widest). o_O

Sockwa G3.jpgSockwa G3 vesus foot 01.jpg

Sockwa G3 vesus foot 02.jpg

I still don't get why there are no minimalist shoes made to be widest at the toes (VFF are the only exception I know of), there is always the tapering. :mad:

As we all know healthy feet are widest at the toes. Here is a quick comparison of my foot...
Ditto!
I still don't get why there are no minimalist shoes made to be widest at the toes (VFF are the only exception I know of), there is always the tapering. :mad:
Mass produced shoes aren't designed for people with "healthy feet".

I could just imagine all the people with "unhealthy feet" whining about healthy shoes having too much room, fitting too loosely, too flexible, not enough support...

Reactions: NickW
Hey, those are my shoes! No-one can step into my shoes :)

Have you tried Lems Shoes?

10265455_10203345205458265_7548022184343050732_o.jpg

Reactions: Bare Lee
They are breathable and much better than the G3s I have. I could only wear my G3s for a couple of days before I needed to stick them in the wash. The X8s last much longer. Whether they are breathable enough for everyone is the question. They are breathable enough for me and I love them to bits (but then I hate anything between my toes and can't get along with sandals at all)

I have not but the sole shape looks good ! If only they were more on the minimal side (looks like they still have thick sole and a toe spring).

Yes Paraganek, the Boulder Boots I have have a much thicker sole than I would like, but there is so much room in the toe box I can dance inside them :)

Reactions: paraganek
That's my backyard neighbor while growing up (and my older brother's best friend)'s company:

Zubaz Pants
09-Zubaz-pants-1.jpg

It takes a special kind of man to pull off pink zebra-print pants. And since 1988, that’s been the Zubaz man. Created by two Minnesota gym co-owners, the baggy drawstring pants were a sensation with their well-muscled clients, who liked the loose fit and, as the company says on its website, were the kind of people who “Dare to be Different.” The pants quickly became a nationwide success, especially with athletes, gym rats and the WWE (formerly WWF) crowd. Although the trend faded in the mid-’90s, Zubaz experienced a resurgence when the company relaunched in 2007 with new prints and fabrics.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090