finally bit the bullet ....

Jason has run 65 miles barefoot before, then donned some huaraches? to finish his 100-miler.

Todd Ragsdale set the Guinness World Record for the longest barefoot run at 102.65 miles.

We could start a list here. Anyone else want to add anyone they know here, please do.

How far did BourbonFeet run on the beach barfooted?

I've been running in the TEVA ZILCH and I like them a lot!!I run trail mostly but here (belgium) trails are more often than not full of pebbles.After a couple of miles it starts to hurt(read:"I HATE PEBBLES!!"):) So I went out for something that i like to wear.The zilch is it for me,they were 89,95euro(106USD) which I found pretty expensive but I love themzilch.jpg ;)

Now THAT looks like something that might be able to help me. I have damaged nerves from shoes, treatments, now surgery, so every little, bitty thing I step on is amplified. I have hope I will be able to run barefoot again, but if I can ever get past the side effects from my pain meds, I sure would like to try walking and running in something like this. I have the IS 4mm and 6mm huaraches, and they do what they are supposed to, mostly, allow you to have "some level" of feedback, trust me, it's just too much feedback for my damaged nerves.

Thanks, Nick. I saw them on Amazon. Why do they always give the guys better colors? I like the brown ones with orange, but that's only for guys. Maybe I could try on a men's size, little bitty one. REI is up in Atlanta, and that would be quite a trek for me, especially since I can't drive too much right now, depending on when/if I take my meds. (I know, I sound pitiful. What's worse is I am.)

Eh, that's ok TJ, I'm pretty pitiful these days too. :( I'm sure there's possibly some local stores close to you that have them too. I really want to try some on, but that toe ring for the big toe makes me leery.

Me too. I was wondering if it could be removed without causing other problems. But then it's so far from the first strap, I guess it would.

I wonder if it is needed to kind of pull up on the front so that it doesn't catch on things. If that makes sense... That front strap looks farther back on the foot so I would imagine the front may hang well below the toes without that strap.

I guess I should find them in a store somewhere before I spend that much on them. Pooh.

I know you're becoming a hermit because of your condition, but maybe it will do your feet some good to get out of the house? Trying to look at the positive side. :D

You're right. I think I will try to push it tonight and have my hubby and kids walk with me for a little bit in the neighborhood. I will wear my 6mm. I'll let you know how it goes. I may be dizzy tired, but I will try it.

Eh, that's ok TJ, I'm pretty pitiful these days too. :( I'm sure there's possibly some local stores close to you that have them too. I really want to try some on, but that toe ring for the big toe makes me leery.

The toe ring wasn't a problem for me.It's an elastic band with another sort material on top.For me,I put them on and went running without any blistering whatsoever.Removing the toe ring I guess would get them to flap...;)

Thanks, Robin. I really want to check these out now.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7