Film Festival entry 'Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story' spotlights a journey ended too soon

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
MarkBaumer.jpg

Three Rivers Film Festival entry 'Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story' spotlights a journey ended too ...
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Three Rivers Film Festival entry 'Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story' .... also something he had legitimately researched and practiced: barefoot running.

Local Filmmaker's Documentary Honors Barefoot Cross-Country-Hiking Activist
90.5 WESA
"Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story" screens 8 p.m. Sat., Nov. ... Prior to the trip, he had studied barefoot running and conditioned his feet to walking on ...

Reactions: Pawmaline
Aw, I remember TJ's threads about him on this website, which I did read quite avidly and comment upon (fellow barefooter that I am and have been). And I remember looking up almost all the posts I read about him elsewhere, both during and after his journey. Sounds like the film is decent. But I also sensed that the guy's life seemed quite messed-up, and he seemed quite angry and even militant inside. Pretty tragic, poor guy. I mean, I'm a bit ascetic and religious, and I really do care for the environment, too. I'm sorry, but I am wary that films of this type might make Mark Baumer into a "martyr" for the cause of climate change. I know, my politics are not his, and I can and do vehemently argue for my own point of view, which is rather moderate, in between the extremes. But I am alarmed that such a film could encourage craziness in the name of the cause. We may need some activism, but more than anything, I'm convinced we need level heads to prevail. Enough said. May the memory of Mark Baumer bring us only blessing...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts