Fiddler 5K, July 3

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by kelly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kelly

kelly
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. North Carolina
    2. Tennessee

Fellow Tennessean Barefooters, come out to Smithville, TN on July 3 for a 5K. Our family is signed up for the fiddler5k.com.Smithville is about 1 hour east of Nashville or 2 hours west of Knoxville (take I40 to exit 273, go roughly 12 miles on Highway 56 South). It's also about 1.5 hours North of Chattanooga (take 111 North to 70 westbound to highway 56 northbound).

I'll be barefoot. I'm not sure about Amy and the kids. They do a little bit of barefoot running, maybe just to appease me. Our younger two kids are signed up for middle school cross country, so they NEED to go.

It's a fairly well-attended 5K with a few hundred runners. It's part of the Fiddler Festival which draws folks from all over the country. The run is on all asphalt roads in a rural setting. It has some hills, but where in Tennessee can you find 3.1 miles of flat road? It starts at 7 AM, so heat shouldn't be an issue. A 5K run is a great distance for any level of barefootery, so I hope to see some barefooters there!

Kelly