Suggestion FAQ

Gidds

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2011
How about an FAQ page for the curious and the recently converted?
Perhaps with humerus, yet concise, and positive answers to such questions as:
"Why run barefoot?"
"Why do your shoes/socks have toes?"
"What the heck is a huarache and how do you pronounce it?"
"Who can run barefoot?"
"How do I start running barefoot?"
"What about all the broken glass, thorns, dog poo, and hypodermic needles?"
"Can/should kids go/run barefoot?"
"Why do my calves hurt?"
"Why do I have blisters?"

Maybe some answers to the basic questions and maybe some links to outside resources (with a disclaimer)?

Basic explanation of jargon such as metty and minshoe.

Then if that isn't enough to make a whole page itself there are always related FAQs:

"Won't barefoot running give me toenail fungus/plantar warts/ugly feet?"
"What other sports can I do barefoot?"
"Are you all a bunch of foot fetishists?"
"What is a barefoot running coach?"
"Do I need a barefoot running coach to start barefoot running?"
"Can I race barefoot?"
"My gym won't let me go barefoot, what should I do?"
"How should I respond to people who heckle me about barefoot running?"
"OMG! You all aren't wearing shoes and now a ton of you are running in kilts! What is that all about?"
"What is the difference between barefooter, barefoot runner, and barefoot lifestyle?"
"Why do you all keep talking about weird stuff like chia, primal, and paleo? What on earth does that have to do with barefoot running?"

We have a Library that answers most, if not all of these. We have to just find the time to put it back up.

Question: I have pointed some local doctors and physical therapists towards our library but just noticed it hasn't gotten a chance to get put back up (I told them it might not be ready yet due to the site change, so at least they were warned). Is there anything we can do for these guys in the meantime like a zip file containing the articles or anything?

Just curious. Thanks!

It's not that easy. I have the content. I have been laying off Matt, since he has a lot going on now, and I don't want to burn him out. All I can say is it will get back on the site, hopefully soon. And thanks for spreading the word. Sorry we have hampered it a bit.

No problem! I can always let them kow when it gets back up. It's kind of exciting around here as a BFR; a bunch of local docs and PTs have been going to (and delivering) lectures about the benefits of working in at least a little BFR into a workout and they sound like they're as excited about it as I am! One PT told me he's had patients asking questions about BFR that he can't answer (i.e. how to get started safely) so I told him I'd be happy to help if they need anything (anything they just need someone who's been BFR for a while, anyway) and pointed him here. My big selling point is "there are 3000 of us, so even if I can't answer a question I know there is someone who can"!

Reactions: joohneschuh