Extreme Cold Weather BF Run

dmcchesney

Barefooters
Feb 25, 2011
This might be a repost and if so, I am sorry. But this blew my mind!

VIDEO

Just imagine what we could do with the "super powers" of Wim Hof...

It's Rick's long lost

It's Rick's long lost brother.

Thanks to some inspiration

Thanks to some inspiration from having watched the Iceman this morning, I decided if he could do that I could brave the 31 degree temps this morning. My feet hurt like hell for the first 1/2 mile and then it felt like my internal heater kicked on. It seriously felt like someone had just flipped a switch and I could feel the warmth from a heater on my feet. I was contemplating turning around just before this happened though because it was so painful on the freezing cold sidewalks. I ended up running 4 miles total and actually had to take gear off (decided to wear gloves and a biking headband for keeping ears warm) during the run. The temp when I got home was 36 degrees. This is my coldest run so far. Yay!

Did you wear many layers?  Be

Did you wear many layers? Be sure to join the cold weather running thread in the Canada forum.

TJ, I don't really wear

TJ, I don't really wear layers right now because it was dry. If it was raining I most definately would have. I did wear a new long sleeved running shirt that I just got and that was a bad idea. This shirt is getting retired. It's slightly rough apparently and when it's cold out I get really chaffed on my um, chest.... I will have to start using waterproof bandaids I think if the chaffing keeps up. Usually I just wear my shorts and a short sleeve shirt (have down that down to 36 degrees so far), and really at about two miles in I was pushing my sleeves up because I was sweating and I didn't want to get cold because of the sweat. Today I wore the headband thing and gloves too for the first time because it was that cold, but they came off inside of a mile or so.

Why don't they just make a

Why don't they just make a sports bra for men? Or should I resurrect the Bloody Nipples thread for anyone who says bad idea to men boobs?

Sports bras for men! Lol! Oh

Sports bras for men! Lol! Oh what a mental picture!
bigsmile.png

Alright!  That does it! 

Alright! That does it! Where's the Bloody Nipple thread?!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS