Expat looking for barefoot-friendly doctor/therapist

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Ala, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Ala

Ala
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Hi everyone,

Sorry for lack of Dutch. I am an expat living in Nijmegen and am wondering if anybody knows of a doctor who is experienced with barefoot runners/ runs themselves that they'd be willing to recommend?

I'm trying to transition properly and some professional guidance would be great.

(sorry if I broke any forum rules with this thread!!)
    Thanks,
    Ala

2. johan131

johan131
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Nederland -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Portugal

Welcome Ala! Can you be a little more specific on the issues you're dealing with. I don't know any barefoot running doctors in the Netherlands, but maybe we can help you in the right direction.

3. Ala

Ala
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Hi Johan,

Thanks for reaching out. I have peroneal subluxation in my left ankle because I ran in VFFs for too long without proper form and transitioning.

I had tendonitis for roughly 8 weeks. Some months after, I started slowly removing orthotics, spending less time in conventional shoes, and bought a pair of casual barefoot shoes.

The issue at the moment is that my left ankle still "snaps". It doesn't hurt, but I can reproduce the snapping when I do calf-raises or walk for long periods of time. For now, I've been watching a lot of videos on hip/core stability as well as exercises to do for peroneal injuries, but I would like a professional to examine me and give me some more well-thought advice.

However! I went to the Barefoot shoe store in Arnhem and found that they have a directory of physiotherapists who are "barefoot-friendly" so I will try them, but any advice from experienced BFRs is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ala

4. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature