Ever hid an injury from your not so supportive spouse/family?

I'm honest about my issues. I

I'm honest about my issues. I know I'm less likely to develop over-use injuries while barefoot but the sudden ones, like cuts and similar, I'm just as likely or even more likely than your average shod runner to get. I do this for myself, because I know it helps me and it's fun, not to convince the world that my way is the best. If they get inspired, good for them, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make it look better than it is.

As for my wife, I told her about every little blister when I started out and I still tell her about smaller stuff when I have any issues. I'm not sure she listens anymore though.

Well, sort of...After I ran a

Well, sort of...After I ran a 15K on 10/31, I told my wife I was thinking about signing up for a 1/2 marathon on 11/21. I wondered "out loud" if my feet would be OK. She "highly recommended" that I not run it, because she doesn't think my feet are in shape yet.

So I told her I would like to run the 5K. She agreed that distance shouldn't be a problem.

But wouldn't you know, when I was registering online, my mouse "accidentally" clicked on the 1/2 marathon button. ;-)

The night before the run, I get all my gear laid out, attach my bib to my running shirt (then cover shirt w/bag so she won't see the 1/2 marathon stamp on it). I'm thinking that if the run goes OK, THEN I'll tell her about my "indiscretion". Next morning, she gets up to see me off, and asks "now, you're not running the 1/2 marathon, right?"

Fortunately for me, she was in a different room, so she didn't see the panicked look on my face when I lie and say, "no, I was just going to do the 5K". I immediately think "why the hell did I just lie about something like that"? But...no time to ponder on "why", I've got a 1/2 marathon to run in a little over an hour (with a 30+ minute drive to get there).

Later, after successfully completing said run, I confessed that I had "changed my mind" and decided to run the 1/2 instead of the 5K. She assured me that she didn't care what I did to my body. hmmmm...probably true. But, knowing me, she is fairly safe in saying that. ;-)

But last week I really bruised my middle toe on my left foot on a bf trail run. I haven't "had a chance" to mention that 'cause she thinks I was at the office working. ;-)

Great...I'm having a mid-life crisis, and my mistress is "running barefoot"! Guess it could be worse...