Either Treadmill ain't Pavement, or UltraMinimalist is'nt Barefoot

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I ran two miles on the treadmill in FeelMax Pankas (you can't get more minimal than them) at 3:00 P.M. today.

First 'mill since Feb, first shod run since very early May.

I've been wastin' away this cold front at the computer,

but when I get up to move man are my legs ever sore!

Calves, soleus, quads, hams, glutes, you name it.

It's only been 8 hours, but I really feel it.

A GOOD sore, like a work-out sore rather than injury or over use, but it just goes to show that

the treadmill is not the pavement, and/or the ultraminimalist shoe ain't barefoot!

Yes you can...  Socks...or

Yes you can... Socks...or pantyhose, your choice. ;-)

Not at my $15 gym!

Not at my $15 gym!

LB,How long have you been

LB,

How long have you been "wastin' away this cold front at the computer"? I took 3 weeks off for the most part after my last half trail to give both Achilles a rest that have been my nemesis throughout my whole transition to BFR/MR. I am 10 months into the journey this month. I experienced the good sore like you indicate when I got my lazy arse back to running on a daily basis for a bit. I ran 4 on the TM yesterday with the hurricane/rain we experienced in Mid Michigan yesterday. Other than thinking I was getting a hotspot three miles in which did not turn into anything I feel fine today. I did do a hill program in which the incline and speed varies throughout the workout. Not sure if that would help or make things worse for you. It looks like our outdoor barefoot runs are numbered. For me anyways. I am enjoying our wonderful winters less and less lately. Have fun out there!

No kidding Board, treadmill

No kidding Board, treadmill running is much more difficult than pavement running throw in some footwear and the difficulty increases imo. Next time you hop on the mill recite this mantra...If Dama can do it so can I as many times as possible :).

I am just amazed myself that I still have no soreness at all after my long run...BF running is just incredible.

I had been running two or

I had been running two or three times per week all along, and I had three days off since the last 3 mile run.

Legs feel much better today.

The treadmill was a Life Fitness, and I ran it flat only at a 8:00-8:42 pace (6.9-7.5 mph).

Was I working much harder since I was sinking in rather than bouncing off the pavement?

It sure seemed harder and faster than my outdoor BF runs during as well as after.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts