draft "Library" up as a blog post, your comments welcome

Hi folks,

TJ has encouraged me to make up a page for the BRS site which we've tentatively been calling the Library. The idea was to put some reliable BFR-related sources of information up in a prominent place so newbies to the site or to the subject wouldn't have to deal with the disorder of the forums before they got started.

You can see a draft of it now in a blog post I have up. (Currently technical problems prevent me from posting it as a official "story".)

I welcome your comments. But just to explain how I got to what I did:

I presented it from my personal point of view because trying to be totally objective was too boring.

I spent quite a bit of time reading and watching videos, and I discovered that there are really very few primary "expert" sources of information on the topic of BFR. (With one big exception I'll describe below.)

Nearly all the popular press references the Lieberman paper, and/or Born To Run, and/or Ken Bob. All very very fine sources, but basically just those 3. Yeah, Last Place Jason gets in there occasionally too. Even the "anti-" or "skeptical" sources tend to repeat; the same podiatrists occurred in several major media stories.

So I felt there wasn't much point in listing dozens of media pieces; they're all more or less the same. There were only a few key scientific papers as well.

Videos were a bit tougher; I really wanted to show people running with the happiness that a lot of us seem to get out of BFR, but I just wasn't seeing it on a lot of the film. The best was the MovNat guy I put in the post. (By the way, I wanted to embed that video; couldn't figure out how.) If you have any others, please let me know.

I ended this little review by realizing that we are the real experts here; we're the ones who are figuring out how to do this after a lifetime of wearing shoes; and we're the ones that are figuring out what it means. Kind of exciting I think.

Cheers, stomper

ps the formatting is all screwy after I pasted in from a word processor.

Stomper, one way you can

Stomper, one way you can embed a video is to select "disable rich-text" below the text box paste, the previously copied string to embed the video making sure to pay attention where within the source code you want to place it (the tricky part), then reenable rich-text, and click Save. If you make a mistake, do not click on Save; instead click a different tab or option anywhere to take you away from there, then drill back to where you were. Let me know if this doesn't work for you. Cameron has the settings pretty tight when it comes to flexibility to post video, enriched text, etc. Likewise, the story issue is a permission/role issue, not a technical issue.