Dr. Lieberman, I Presume?

TarahumaraIndianRunning.jpg
Dr. Lieberman, I Presume?
By Bob Neinast, a.k.a., Ahcuah

Dr. Lieberman of Harvard University has yet another new study out, Strike type variation among Tarahumara Indians in minimal sandals versus conventional running shoes. As you can see from the study title, he visited the Tarahumara Indians, who were featured in Born to Run.

What he found is that conventional running shoes really do weird stuff to feet. To continue reading, please visit: https://ahcuah.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/dr-lieberman-i-presume/

After a workout at the gym tonight, I didn't bother putting my Sockwa back on after showering, and left the gym in bare feet. As I walked through the gym and saw all the guys working on their muscles, it struck me how strange it is that they put so much effort into building up every muscle but the ones encased in their shoes!?

Arnold Schwarzenegger used to lift in bare feet. (Maybe he still does?)

After a workout at the gym tonight, I didn't bother putting my Sockwa back on after showering, and left the gym in bare feet. As I walked through the gym and saw all the guys working on their muscles, it struck me how strange it is that they put so much effort into building up every muscle but the ones encased in their shoes!?

Arnold Schwarzenegger used to lift in bare feet. (Maybe he still does?)
At least a few meatheads get it. Here's a recent link from Sid: http://www.t-nation.com/training/go-barefoot-to-get-stronger

"It’s not imperative that they let you train in socks or Vibrams (toe shoes), but it’s a bonus if they do. I mean, if they let people work out in collared shirts, they ought to allow a fashion statement that actually has an affect on fitness."

Reactions: paulbeales and Sid
I got a free kettbell session with the only senior instructor in Oregon, Lance Coffel the other day. He made everyone take off their shoes and said " there are many things you want to do bf". I just faked cough. It was an awesome session and i recommend it if you want to learn to swing some bells correctly and not the xfit way.

Strong first.

Reactions: paulbeales