Don't try this!!

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Was hot out last Monday when I went for a run after work around 2030 hrs. Decided to go for a dip in the brand new pool we got for the kids, which was filled with arse snappin' cold water! Pool is 4' deep. I jumped in, other than real cold, all was good and refreshing....until the massive lower leg cramps that came on in the middle of the night! It was evil! Had to get out of bed and walk around a bit. Used my foam roller before work the next day! Lesson learned!!

Reactions: dutchie53
Wow, so you think the cramps started later than the pool dip because the water was cold? I mean, that's weird that they waited that long to attack you like that. I would think you would get cramps right away from the work out and the cold dip..

I used to get calf cramps in the middle of the night because I overworked my legs in gymnastics. My dad would pull me out of bed, me screaming, and he would force me to walk on my tippy toes. It works! The first couple of steps hurt like hell :inpain: but then the cramps go away immediately. Try it next time. :nurse:

Was hot out last Monday when I went for a run after work around 2030 hrs. Decided to go for a dip in the brand new pool we got for the kids, which was filled with arse snappin' cold water! Pool is 4' deep. I jumped in, other than real cold, all was good and refreshing....until the massive lower leg cramps that came on in the middle of the night! It was evil! Had to get out of bed and walk around a bit. Used my foam roller before work the next day! Lesson learned!!
The high school coaches around here regularly make the runners take ice baths to cool off their legs after a hard workout. They have never had any cramps as a result. I'm not saying I agree with needing the ice baths, because I think they are just trying to mask symptoms of inflammation from overuse. But I never saw or heard anything about legs cramping around those times. :)

Reactions: Barefoot Dama