DONE AND DONE!!!!

Rae\'sDone.JPG
DONE AND DONE: SHE DID IT!!!!
Rae Heim Ran Across the US (mostly) Barefoot!

Did we ever think it couldn't be done? Have you ever wondered if you have it in you to run across the country...barefoot?! Well, Rae Heim did just that, from Boston, Massachusetts, to Manhattan Beach, California. She set her mind to completing this incredible challenge, and SHE DID IT! Her smile is as big as her achievement, and I am sure it will last for a long, long time. So if anyone ever questions if it can indeed be done, we can all say yes! Mind you, on top of "Just Doing It," she did it without a support crew, without a $200,000 RV, and managed to keep her promise to hold true to the charity she believes in, Soles4Souls.

If you have anything you would like to ask Rae, please post it below, along with your congratulatory note. I plan to contact her for an interview very soon.

The stories are hitting the news today, as they have been all along her journey. So please, be sure to check these out:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8885996

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_21997677/rae-heim-finishes-barefoot-cross-country-run-at

http://www.easyreadernews.com/60896...ot-cross-country-run-at-manhattan-beach-pier/

Rae\'sDone2.jpg

Reactions: EnricM and Sid
That's Ken Bob running just behind her. Hee. I knew he would be there from the first time I heard of her journey. :barefoot:

Is that Sweeney back there too? Wow, what an accomplishment for her. I can't even fathom what she went through or what it took for her to stick to this. Simply amazing!

Yes, that's Patrick. I've added another photo to the article.

Rae, If you read this, Congratulations. Huge achievement and accomplishment. My matchmaking wheels were spinning (I have two sons about your age), then I read the articles. It's great that your boyfriend and family could support you like that and finish with you. Look forward to reading about your adventures.

Are there enough superlatives in the English language to describe this accomplishment and the character of the person who did it? I doubt it, but I'll try a few:

awesome
humbling
inspired and inspiring
humbling (that one's worth repeating)

Congratulations on your run, and for having the type of spirit that seeks the betterment of others through the efforts of your own work. You make us all better people.

Wow!!!!

Board, I saw her interview at the finish. She said most of those miles were barefoot and when it was too difficult, she wore her favorite minshoe...socks. Of course, she didn't run the whole way. Sure she walked some, but she did it! She covered the USA!

To compare her to Tellman makes me ill. She did this remaining true to her charity, whereas he failed his. She did this without using the money of her donors to purchase a $200,000 RV. And she did it without a support crew tailing her all the way. Whether or not we believe in "why" she did it, we must recognize her for what she accomplished and give her kudos for that. That was a hell of a "FEET!"

I've been a critic of shoe charities before, but this time I didn't even think about questioning the issue of the charity being a good one or not.

My response wasn't just to you, Board. I was also responding to the thread you copied into it. I just hate it that now she's going to see that when she comes here to visit. Barefooting Bob is trying to interview her, and we hope she will honor us with an interview.

I am going to share my comments there.

Seems like I am going to have to wait for someone to accept my request to join the SBL's FB page first.

Walking shod across the country for charity would be something by which most of us would be impressed. Walking barefoot would be orders of magnitude more remarkable. Mostly running barefoot is nothing short of spectacular by any standards. I have no idea who this Tellman is, but her accomplishment stands on its own requiring neither qualification or defending. Guess haters gotta hate.

TJ, there is always the negative comments and non-believers that come with every good deed, I usually ignore these as some people can not believe in the good in people, which is really sad.
Once I heard about Rae attempting this challenge, I was so inspired about what she was doing that I am looking for a way to get involved with a local charity here in Winnipeg and incorporate barefoot running. I consider Rae a great inspiration and she has done a lot of good for her charity and to bring awareness to our passion of Barefoot Running. My opinion is even if she raised one dollar on her run, and she gave it all to the charity then she has succeeded. If she has inspired one person to get out there and help a worthy cause and or charity then she has succeeded.

Thus in my books she has succeeded, don't you.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ