Does barefoot running make people smile more?

See there.  I've heard it

See there. I've heard it countless times. Now your friend will be barefoot next! Hee.

I know, huh? She already has

I know, huh? She already has the form for it too. I've been quite gushy about BF but now am just going to see if the "attraction rather than promotion" tactic isn't best. I need to just keep doing it and smiling about it until I'm not the only one I know besides Y'all here.

Exactly, don't preach. 

Exactly, don't preach. You'll be a better advocate just by being a good example.

Yes TJ, and probably better

Yes TJ, and probably better to keep quieter and smiling about the various "healing crises" that I am encountering along the way unless it's here!

I can't help but smile

I can't help but smile whenever I pass people on the sidewalk, because I know I surprise all of them. I even freaked a dog out by sneaking up on it one time. On my run last night some guy yelled "Put some clothes on!" though, I think he was a bit confused, haha, or he could only see me from the knees down. I even had a shirt on at the time, which is unusual for me.

Danjo wrote:I can't help but

Danjo said:
I can't help but smile whenever I pass people on the sidewalk, because I know I surprise all of them. I even freaked a dog out by sneaking up on it one time. On my run last night some guy yelled "Put some clothes on!" though, I think he was a bit confused, haha, or he could only see me from the knees down. I even had a shirt on at the time, which is unusual for me.

:-D I think accidently sneaking up on people is one of my favorite things about bf running. I really don't mean to surprise them, and if I thought about it I'd probably warn them, but it always makes me laugh when I do. I've been startled multiple times by the other bf runner on our trail though so I get a taste of my own medicine occasionally.

I always give a "Ahem,"

I always give a "Ahem," before I come up behind an older person. I don't want to scare them. One day I came upon some deer grazing. They looked shocked to see me, and I was shocked that I was so close to them, that within just a few more steps, I could have petting them.

I always say, it's hard to

I always say, it's hard to not smile on the outside when you are smiling on the inside. Barefoot running does that for me :bigsmile:

Speaking of animals, yesterday on my run I ran past a horse pasture. One horse just stared at me while I approached the section of the road passing the pasture, and then when I started to pass...trotted along with me not taking it's eyes off of me. It was a pretty beautiful run.

How beautiful that would have

How beautiful that would have been to run with a horse. I ran a fartlek like that with a squirrel once. Not as cool, but really silly.

haha, bet you were bookin it

haha, bet you were bookin it too TJ :)

That little booger was

That little booger was bookin' it! He was mad he couldn't lose me, but them he did, 'cuz I am just a turtle after all.

The image of you chasing

The image of you chasing after a squirrel, hopping over logs, running through ditches and through forest is killing me.
And remember, slow and steady wins the race :beer:

And, of course, he won.

And, of course, he won.

I usually cough or call ahead

I usually cough or call ahead "Sneakin' up on ya!" so I don't scare people.

Lately I've run up on deer and a fox. Funniest was when I was running along the Delaware Canal Tow Path and a Great Blue Heron kept flushing up just next to me as I passed, flying 200 yards, settling in and then going through the whole flush and settle thing again and again for miles.

The joys of real barefooting!

That is so cool, JT.  That

That is so cool, JT. That bird wanted to run with you, and I bet you wanted to fly with it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts