Does barefoot running make people smile more?

mokaman

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Georgia
It seems to me barefoot running really puts smiles on peoples faces and not just the barefooters. Maybe we could put that on the BRS t-shirt :

"Run Barefoot and put a smile on your face" or "Barefooters have bigger smiles"

Anyone have any good "barefoot smiley" ideas to put on a shirt?

mokaman wrote:  It seems to

mokaman said:
It seems to me barefoot running really puts smiles on peoples faces and not just the barefooters. Maybe we could put that on the BRS t-shirt :

"Run Barefoot and put a smile on your face" or "Barefooters have bigger smiles"

Anyone have any good "barefoot smiley" ideas to put on a shirt?

love it Mokie! I'm beginning to think so, the smiles sort of come hand in hand with running barefoot. It's sort of hard to NOT smile on the outside when your body is smiling from the inside ;)

Barefoot: Run Happy, Be Happy

"Barefoot Runners do it with

"Barefoot Runners do it with a smile"

We can always count on you,

We can always count on you, Ram. ;-)

Doesn't Ken Bob's logo have a

Doesn't Ken Bob's logo have a smiling barefoot dude on it? It's a really hairy smiling barefoot dude, but a smiling barefoot dude nonetheless.

Good one, E.Yes, SP, KB has

Good one, E.

Yes, SP, KB has one big hairy smile on his tee shirt and on his face.

Don't Worry  .  .  .Feet

Don't Worry

. . .

Feet Happy!

(I imagine some music notes sprinkled around the words, maybe with grinning faces on the dot of each note.)

Barefoot Runners make women

Barefoot Runners make women laugh. Everytime I pass them at I race I hear laughing. Is it just me? Maybe I should run in their shoes and let a BFR pass me, I want to know what is sooo funny!

The smiling helps reinforce

The smiling helps reinforce the perception that barefoot runners are crazy. People assume that running is hard on the body and is supposed to hurt.

Absolutely, we spend our

Absolutely, we spend our running time smiling instead of huffing and puffing.

I think they smile at me,

I think they smile at me, mainly because I am dropping f-bombs while prancing around gravel.

Seriously though, I get both smiles and looks of disgust. I make sure to say good morning to everyone...even the mean ones.

At races I get way more smiles though!

Don't Worry  .  .  .Feet

Don't Worry

. . .

Feet Happy!

That's classic! I'm going to add this to the "lines for back of tee shirt" thread.

I'ts really true about the

I'ts really true about the smiling. I smiled and smiled and smiled throughout the whole 5K I ran today. I smiled even though I was slow. I smiled because it felt so good. I also smiled because I just think the whole thing is so funny.

And a lot of people do worry about the feet. I got comments out there today, "Oh, your poor feet. Do they hurt?" and "Aren't your feet cold?" (they weren't, to my great surprise). So I think that slogan "Don't worry ... feet happy" is perfect.

At my race yesterday I

At my race yesterday I noticed that a lot more people (the other runners) seemed to take, if not me, then my VFF's very seriously. I got nothing but "wow! Cool! How do you like them?" sort of responses. That was mostly after the race. During I was going too fast to hear the comments of those I danced by (; ). I was the one smiling through the muck and water crossings. Ha!

When I'm running bare I feel

When I'm running bare I feel downright giddy and the best smiles and giggles are the kids', no question.

But Abide, I did drop one f-bomb accidentally in front of an elderly lady due to chip gravel and she gave me a look that said "it serves you right dear!"

Only one rude comment so far, but I pointed out that shoes are Fungal Factories and that made me laugh even more.

For every person who sees you

For every person who sees you guys running in a pair of VFFs, that's one more possible consumer for Vibram. That's a good thing, since at the least, it will take them out of their boat anchors, so they can run more healthy and happy, and what's more, many people who try VFFs end up going barefoot down the road, and that's even better, IMHO. :)

True story TJ- when I got my

True story TJ- when I got my VFFs I insisted to my friends that I wouldn't go completely barefoot- how silly; but now I love BF and don't like the constriction of the VFFs very much. Still, they got me here, and one of my serious runner friends tried them on for a run around the block not long ago...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts