Does anyone in the Phoenix Chapter want to do a group run?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Abide, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

If anyone would like to set up a group run in the Phoenix area please feel free. Right now work (sigh)is preventing me from scheduling regular group runs, so depending on where and when the run is scheduled I may or may not be able to attend. However if other group members would like to get together to do some runs use the page however you would like to get them going!

Or if you want to run into Phoenix from the west side early (3:30am)Friday morning (or any day during the week) let me know, I can't imagine there are any volunteers for this... but it's the only time I can manage these days...

2. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Check it out...Hehe

3. Chimney Duck

Chimney Duck Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

While I'd love to run with you guys, I think it would take me 90 minutes of traveling one way.

Although I think it might be nice to set up a monthly run, just to get to meet some people. I think a good place to do this might be South Mountain Park. They currently close the roads every 4th Sunday of the month to motorized traffic. We could meet there and do some runs on the roads, or on the trails.

I'm kind of busy for the rest of the year though. . .

4. ChaoticMark

ChaoticMark Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

a group run would be pretty cool. seeing as i'm way way out on the west side i can't see my making it to South Mountain regularly but i'll do what i can to get there.

5. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Yeah I like the south mountain idea. I could get in some hill training then.

6. Chimney Duck

Chimney Duck Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

Next Silent Sunday is the 28th of November. That is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I could probably drive out there. Can anyone else make that?

7. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

I'm out for that one, I'll be in California for the holiday.

Hey are you talking about the road that goes to the towers?

8. Chimney Duck

Chimney Duck Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I was thinking that might be a good run. It's 7 miles up to the towers. You could also run some rolling hills to San Juan point, which I think is 6 miles, with a bit less climbing.

There are also 50 some odd miles of trails we could run anytime. I figured that Thanksgiving weekend would be a bad time for lots of people. The next silent Sunday after that is the day after Christmas, probably not a good day either.

Oh, I just found out the San Juan road is closed to vehicular traffic all weekends except the first weekend of the month and March.

9. trukntommy

trukntommy Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I'd be up for a sunday run. 11/28 works for me.

10. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Hey Tommy, how did Mt. Lemmon go?

11. trukntommy

trukntommy Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

Abide..It was tough. A lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what have you's. I did ok considering how little hill training I did. Ran uphill on the treadmill and that was about it. The exciting part was trying to get back to our cars. The buses took all the half-marathoner down and never came back. Nine of us got a girl in a pickup truck to take us down the hill. I ran with two other VFF runners....that was cool. Got asked alot by other runners about them. Took me 6 hours...probably walked 40% or so. Might do it again. Can't beat the scenery! Catch ya later!

12. smileyfootjamie

smileyfootjamie Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I see that this is an old post but I wish I could go to some group run. I live 3-4 hours away from Phoenix (in Kingman) though so even though we drive down quite often, it's probably out of the question for me. :( I totally would if I could though.