Do it yourself

Discussion in 'Gear & Footwear' started by Hobbit, Apr 8, 2014.

  1. ClintonVoris

    ClintonVoris Barefooters
    1. Indiana

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2014
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    104
    Here's the pair I made Monday morning (about 12 hours ago.) 1.jpg They're on Etsy now... :)
     
  2. Hobbit

    Hobbit Barefooters
    1. Germany &...
    2. France

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    521
    Likes Received:
    758
  3. Gordon

    Gordon Barefooters

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2015
    Messages:
    270
    Likes Received:
    307
  4. Bill B

    Bill B Barefooters
    1. Canada

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2012
    Messages:
    369
    Likes Received:
    371
    I have a pair of handmade mooshide moccasins and am in the process of getting a pair of moosehide Inca boots from the same guy. I've had the mocs for just over 2 years and they are awsome! Very comfy, wear them almost daily. Best part is that they are about $65 Canadian each! That's about $4 US I think!
     
  5. iver1717

    iver1717 Barefooters

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    3
    Wanted to share my super-crazy-cheap DIY method that I'm currently using (until my new Skinners get here!)... I just bought a pair of these slip-on "aqua socks" on Amazon. Been using them for about 6 months and they work great!

    To be fair, they don't offer much protection, or insulation, they basically just keep your feet from getting super dirty--which is what I care most about when urban-running.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JR6GNWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    +peice of Gorilla duct tape where foot strikes ground
    + large rubber band placed around the middle of foot to keep it a bit more snug.
     
    Random likes this.
  6. Rick

    Rick Barefooters

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2017
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    10
    I made small mod to my DIY Xero Huaraches today. The heel straps they sell had a small pice of silicon glue on the inside to help keep the strap from sliding off the heels. But unfortunately, that wore out within the first week I had the shoes.

    So, I decided to cut a small piece of theraband I had and sewed it onto the straps. My sewing skills leave much to be desired, but the result works perfectly! I wish they would have construct these straps like this from the beginning. They're much more grippy now, and should last a lot longer. I decided to share this here in case anyone has experienced the same issue. It was a pretty easy fix. In hindsight, the sewing would have been easier if I had removed the heel straps from the sandals first. But I didn't feel like going through all that trouble . [​IMG][​IMG]

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
     
    #26 Rick, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Random likes this.

Share This Page