Do it yourself

Here's the pair I made Monday morning (about 12 hours ago.) 1.jpg They're on Etsy now... :)

I have a pair of handmade mooshide moccasins and am in the process of getting a pair of moosehide Inca boots from the same guy. I've had the mocs for just over 2 years and they are awsome! Very comfy, wear them almost daily. Best part is that they are about $65 Canadian each! That's about $4 US I think!

Wanted to share my super-crazy-cheap DIY method that I'm currently using (until my new Skinners get here!)... I just bought a pair of these slip-on "aqua socks" on Amazon. Been using them for about 6 months and they work great!

To be fair, they don't offer much protection, or insulation, they basically just keep your feet from getting super dirty--which is what I care most about when urban-running.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JR6GNWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
+peice of Gorilla duct tape where foot strikes ground
+ large rubber band placed around the middle of foot to keep it a bit more snug.

Reactions: Random
I made small mod to my DIY Xero Huaraches today. The heel straps they sell had a small pice of silicon glue on the inside to help keep the strap from sliding off the heels. But unfortunately, that wore out within the first week I had the shoes.

So, I decided to cut a small piece of theraband I had and sewed it onto the straps. My sewing skills leave much to be desired, but the result works perfectly! I wish they would have construct these straps like this from the beginning. They're much more grippy now, and should last a lot longer. I decided to share this here in case anyone has experienced the same issue. It was a pretty easy fix. In hindsight, the sewing would have been easier if I had removed the heel straps from the sandals first. But I didn't feel like going through all that trouble .
2fe19476e7515582918b901f1321a6a8.jpg
e2afc0631f743696b531f701f03852da.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Random