Dick's Sporting Goods DBX Water Shoes Review

jschwab

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
Perfect, and only $19.99. Hubby wears them and raves and I finally got to try a too-small pair he threw in the summer clothes bags last year. They are men's 9 (I am a women's 9) and a tiny bit too big, but I ran a fast, comfy 8.25 miles in them today. They hug tight through the arch and are nice and open for splaying through the toes. They are my new shoe even if they are $$$ compared to my $6 water shoes from EZ Discount :). Hubby has been wearing his almost daily to work or around since last summer and they hardly look worn. They are likely available from places other than Dick's but I haven't seen them many places (maybe Club Swim or Swim-Outlet, too).

I've never actually worse

I've never actually worse water shoes before but these don't look to bad. Good review J, but could you go more in depth with it like did it seem floppy on your foot? How did the upper material feel?

Idk if they're on sale now or what but they're only $14.99 on the website:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=dbx%20water%20shoe&origkw=dbx%20water%20shoe&sr=1

jschwab wrote:They are nice

jschwab said:
They are nice and open for splaying through the toes.
It's not clear to me what that statement means. Care to elaborate on it?

I read that as the toe box is

I read that as the toe box is wide, which allows the metatarsals to spread apart, right J?

Man, you guys want a lot of

Man, you guys want a lot of reviewing for a $14.99 shoe! I'll wear them a few more times an write some more. Keep in mind I am wearing a size that is technically 2 sizes too big and built for a man's foot.

I bought a pair of these as

I bought a pair of these as well and ran four miles on my first run without blisters or slippage within the shoe of any kind. I have not been barefoot running in a long time so of course my calves are killing me. For comparison, I owned a pair of Vibram KSO before and I never could run in them more than two miles before getting blisters. I tried those about five or six times before relenting and dumping them on Ebay; I really wanted them to work. I got these for $8 at Dick's, so I guess they were having some sort of sale. Regular I think they are $15.

Those look pretty sharp for

Those look pretty sharp for 15 bucks! Might have to look into them sometime (my yellow trail gloves aren't exactly office shoes)

I still love mine for

I still love mine for running. Walking I get some hot spots like I did today (just took them off and walked barefoot). I finally got the correct size. My kids all have a pair, too, plus hubby.