Defriended over Luna Sandals comment!

Here is one that I think

Here is one that I think might interest you, the Diamond Ultra Rock and Ice. http://www.rockandiceultra.com/

Just don't forget to pack your mukluks.

Ass-wipe, really?  Ha!  Oh

Ass-wipe, really? Ha! Oh the confusion, the confusion!

What's a mukluk? Does that have anything to do with fartleks? (At least it's not spelled fart licks!)

TJ Wrote: What's a

TJ Wrote: What's a mukluk? Does that have anything to do with fartleks? (At least it's not spelled fart licks!)

A mukluk is a traditional winter boot made of animal hide by the inuit (or eskimos) similar to a moccassin. There is no rubber tread on the bottom so they give you a close to barefoot feel and still keep your feet warm. My wife wears these in the winter and is currently learning how to make them in the traditional way.

And I have to ask what the heck is a Fartlek?

Thanks for the description,

Thanks for the description, Bob.

A fartlek is when you run as fast as you can from point a to point b, usually over a small distance. It's like when you were little, and someone would say, I'll race you to the corner, and then you'd run as fast as you could to beat them there.

Jason, you are the biggest AW I have ever met!

Interesting, honestly never

Interesting, honestly never heard that term before. Might have to start using that to confuse my kids.

Last Place Jason wrote:I'm

Last Place Jason said:
I'm an AW?!? I'm insulted! BTW- here's a blog post about barefoot running injuries:

http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2010/11/06/barefoot-running-injuries-common-injuries-and-how-to-prevent-them/

Awhile ago, I somehow became friends with a slew of triathletes on FB. Many have since defriended me due to my constant posting about the ills of shoes. They're a pretty sensative crowd...

No, Jason, you're not an AW. Unless it means ass-wipe and you happen to be in the practice of wiping your ass. I know I am. You've just joked around a bit about being an attention whore in the past. But boy, this lady is. I'll send you a link to her blog. Maybe you can aspire to her greatness?

silly runners.  When will you

silly runners. When will you realize that even the worst Tri athlete is a far superiour athletic speciman then you'll ever dream of becoming?

On the RW Ultra forum, a tri guy was bashing 50k runners because of their slow 11 minute miles

It's not that strange that

It's not that strange that triathletes do this though, they're used to the concept of buying performance. In the first two stages you've got the wet suit that's horrendously expensive for what it is and then you switch to the bike which'll cost you a couple of months' worth of pay if you don't want to be laughed at when people pass you. If you're slow on those stages all you'll have to do is visit your local pusher and swipe your credit card and you'll win the next race. It's only logical to assume the shoes will do the same for your running, no?

Personally, I'm fine with being just a W without the A. ;)

You are so right, BB.

You are so right, BB. They're like, "I paid $200 for these shoes, and you think you're going to do it without shoes! Drats!"

My hubby told me if I could complete my first Tri on the Wal-Mart $60 Road Master we bought me, he said we will "consider" upgrading my bike. Ha!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test