Definitive Gross Picture Thread

I know I am supposed to be

I know I am supposed to be looking at the road rash but my eyes can't leave his MT!

Of course not, Nyal.  You are

Of course not, Nyal. You are fixated.

Ugh... Board, just no.......

Ugh... Board, just no....... I'm all for blisters and crazy stuff (someone should bring in that picture where Rick's toes are peeling all crazy after the frosbite) but no surgery level stuff please. I just about threw up looking at that dang picture. And they have to be actual things that happen while running barefoot, because of running barefoot. If some dude stepped on a land mine and got all exploded and he happened to not be wearing shoes, you are not allowed to post a picture of it.

Mary, I've done the same thing to my toe. The dumb thing is the scrape I have isn't actually from my toe running into the ground, but instead its from my stupid reflex to try and pick up my foot when it hits the ground, and in doing so I scrape my toe along the ground and cut it up all bad. I actually had a little bit of skin hanging off one that I could feel flapping around. (Sorry TJ, no pictures.) Right now I'm taking a break after my ten mile last week and I'm waiting for my toe to heal completely, because it kept almost healing then I'd scrape it again. And it wouldn't have actually been a problem except that the skin was already messed up every time.

I agree, Danjo.  Only post

I agree, Danjo. Only post pictures of barefoot running-related boo-boos.

OK, so here is my first

OK, so here is my first contribution(s) - first time I skinned my toe running! You will be proud(?) to know that I did this in under two miles of a 3.5-miler and I finished my whole run, blood and all. It happened because I stepped on a chewed up acorn (freakin' squirrels) and landed funny for a few steps then got sloppy. Oh well...enjoy!

And, I stepped on a piece of glass (same damn foot!) the same run... after it was cleaned up a little

Those are great, photos, and

Those are great, photos, and good memories for you, Heather. This was probably a couple of years ago, but I had this one run where it seemed like every step I took was a killer. I know what you mean by "freakin' squirrels." They even throw the stupid acorns at you from high above when you pass by! (Or at least they do me!)

My next run was butter. So well worth the lessons I learned and the knowledge I gained from that horrible run.

Yeah, they throw acorns at me

Yeah, they throw acorns at me too. I can hear the little boogers laughing at me sometimes. ;-)

I suspect I'll ride the bike tomorrow, assuming I can get any shoes on. The toe really isn't that bad but it's throbbing like mad, I guess because it's a TOE, you know, LOL.

I do have to say I feel fortunate in that I've gone 7-8 months and this is only the second piece of glass I've hit and the first stubbed toe. I can handle this kind of injury that often if I have to; beats the hell out of stress fractures, sprains, and unexplained "other ailments"!

Here, here!

Here, here!

OK, originally I was not

OK, originally I was not going to post in this thread but :smile:

I see people are starting to participate so here you go

Photo 1

71752_1539744944978_1575561526_1318591_1108518_n.jpg

Photo 2

73060_1539745264986_1575561526_1318597_137060_n.jpg

It was just a small piece of gravel but man it took me a loong time to get rid of that.

The whole story here Rock-my-foot

I remember this!  That's a

I remember this! That's a really good camera, to be able to take a picture that close and not get blurry. What kind of camera do you have?

Barefoot TJ wrote:I remember

Barefoot TJ said:
I remember this! That's a really good camera, to be able to take a picture that close and not get blurry. What kind of camera do you have?

Sony DSC-HX1, nothing special, the close up was shot in Macro mode which most cameras on today's market have.

I see, marco mode.  I learn

I see, marco mode. I learn something everyday. I guess I should get the manuals out once in awhile.

The run was fine. Climbing

The run was fine. Climbing the mountain.. now that hurt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55868999@N04/5172135479/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55868999@N04/5172131421/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55868999@N04/5172732702/

Did this happen today, Jason,

Did this happen today, Jason, at Stone Mountain? Was this because of cold ground or virgin skin? At least you blistered symmetrically, meaning you are pretty much a balanced runner, right? Did you pop them yet? If you do, please be sure to share those pictures too. Hee. ;-)

Ewwwww blood blisters

Ewwwww blood blisters pictures! Love to see em!

I would post mine but I'm so disgusting I did a VIDEO of my blister feet + commentary on my webcam last July! It's labeled "2nd barefoot run" on my laptop and I don't think I'll ever share it with anyone. Merp. :shy:

Mary, I think TJ would pay

Mary, I think TJ would pay good money to see that. Personally though, I think I'll pass.

Chicken!

Chicken!