Dave in Florida

bfr_dave

Barefooters
Sep 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

What a cool site bfr.org is! I stumbled across barefootkenbob's web site about a month ago and was immediately intrigued. So decided to give bfr a try. I have almost always lived near the coast in Florida so going bare foot is not that alien to me but the only place I had ever run bare foot until a month ago was on the beach and I never really noticed or thought about the advantages or disadvantages. I have run off and on since high school but have not run much at all in quite a few years so just getting back to it. I have run three times on sidewalks/street surfaces the past 30 days for 15-30 minutes and so far so good. I'm taking it real slow and easy, letting my feet toughen up a bit. One of the first things i noticed running bare foot is NO knee pain! Which I've had quite a bit in my previous running experience.

Enough rambling, I live in Satellite Beach and look forward to meeting up and running with some of you.

Cheers.:)

Welcome again, Dave!  Glad

Welcome again, Dave! Glad you're here, and thanks for the compliment.

I thought I had already

I thought I had already introduced myself once....I'm a dope:~:puzzled:! Sorry bout that. I don't know where i posted the first one. Still learning my way around the site.

It might have been in the

It might have been in the Florida Chapter Forum; I'm not sure, since I didn't check. But hey, the more hellos, the better, right?

I got spurs that jingle

I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle, as I go ridin' merrily along... Sorry about that. Whenever someone says Spurs, I get that stupid song in my head and can't get it out. Just thought I'd share. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Barefoot TJ wrote: I get that

Barefoot TJ said:
I get that stupid song in my head and can't get it out.

I've been trying to un-stick a song for several days now.

I thought I could do it by playing lots of tunes I like and singing along, but that did'nt work.

Then I tried to burn myself out of it by overdosing on YouTube videos of it being performed.

Instead I found a minimalist by today's standards video of it being performed shortly after it's release in the very early 70's.

Weird thing is I never was a fan of easy listening/light rock/early country-folk-rock mellow love songs, but it must have come on in my office

on the light rock station and got imbedded somehow.

My musical tastes always prefered strong beats and heavy bass, as found in blues, reggae, and blues inspired rock, with deep strong lyrics. Easy listening was for...you know....dentist offices and places like that.

Now it's even worse, because I've become aware of how minimalist the recording was, and have become impressed with that!

I would post a link but than I'd feel responsible if anyone else got it stuck in there head.

I'm hoping tomorrow I will be cured, because I can't even listen to any news, weather, or information anymore since I've been so busy trying to block the stikiness with other harder driving stuff.

I'll keep working at it.

Okay, so it's time to play,

Okay, so it's time to play, "Let's Guess What's in Board's Head!" I'll go first...

FEELINGS. Is it the song Feelings? It is, isn't it? "Feelings. Nothing more than Feelings. Trying to forget my-eye, feelings of love. Feelings, wo-wo-wo, Feelings, wo-wo-wo..." That's it, isn't it?! What did I win?! What did I win?!

Oh sick!  (And not in the

Oh sick! (And not in the "good" way all the kids are saying it these days.) Yea, now that one is stuck in my head. THANKS! I was going to guess Memories next. Rememer Memories? "Memories. da-da-dah-dah-dah-da-da, or some sh!t like that." Sorry, my head is dead...with all those other crappy tunes.

You mean like in "The Way We

You mean like in "The Way We Were"?

I guess being still stuck this morning with Glenn ain't as bad as that.

OMGosh!  Did you have to

OMGosh! Did you have to bring that up again, Board. Now I've got that stupid song in my head again, and here I had flushed it out overnight with sleep!

Sorry to mess up your thread, Dave. Hope you are enjoying the song titles and the trip down memory lane, but not like I am.

"And I found out a long time

"And I found out a long time ago, what a woman can do to your soul,

Ah but she can't take you anywere, you don't already know how to go.."

Still stuck.

QUIT!  I'm going to be sick

QUIT! I'm going to be sick now.

Just don't ask the Chipmunks

Just don't ask the Chipmunks to sing it! Yikes!